WANTED: Top condition Edison Triumph 2/4, TBD

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

WANTED: Top condition Edison Triumph 2/4, TBD

Post by gramophone-georg »

A friend of mine overseas has asked me to help him find a top condition Triumph 2/4 minute machine with either a K or C/H reproducers. Please PM me with what you have, condition, and price. You would be dealing with me here in USA as far as payment and shipping with a machine that meets approval. Thanks! :mrgreen:
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: WANTED: Top condition Edison Triumph 2/4, TBD

Post by epigramophone »

As a UK dealer said to me recently "Everybody wants a Triumph". I hope your friend is successful in finding a good one.

Herman
Victor II

Post by Herman »

gramophone-georg wrote:A friend of mine overseas has asked me to help him find a top condition Triumph 2/4 minute machine with either a K or C/H reproducers. Please PM me with what you have, condition, and price. You would be dealing with me here in USA as far as payment and shipping with a machine that meets approval. Thanks! :mrgreen:
If shipping a Triumph overseas I would suggest a Model E with a "O" reproducer. Makes a world of difference.
Good luck on your search.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Herman wrote:
gramophone-georg wrote:A friend of mine overseas has asked me to help him find a top condition Triumph 2/4 minute machine with either a K or C/H reproducers. Please PM me with what you have, condition, and price. You would be dealing with me here in USA as far as payment and shipping with a machine that meets approval. Thanks! :mrgreen:
If shipping a Triumph overseas I would suggest a Model E with a "O" reproducer. Makes a world of difference.

What do you feel the advantages of this setup are? I'm not really a cylinder geek- I know just enough to be dangerous. :lol:

Herman
Victor II

Post by Herman »

gramophone-georg wrote:
Herman wrote:

What do you feel the advantages of this setup are? I'm not really a cylinder geek- I know just enough to be dangerous. :lol:
The E does not have the end gate
The E motor runs smoother as the govenor is improved
Sound is like night and day between the C/ H reproducer compred to th "O" and no need to switch reproduces for 2/4 min cylinders.
Of course the cost will be more but the results in difference is huge and factor in the same cost of shipping overseas.
I personally own a Triumph E with this setup and one of my favorite machines. I also use a Diamond B reproducer only to preserve the life of the 4min stylus on the O.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Herman- Good info- thanks. Sounds like this would indeed be ideal but it will depend on availability.