The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Wanted Edison C-4 radio phonograph--Any Leads?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:49 pm 
Victor II
Doesn't anyone have a lead on an Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph--complete and restored/working or unrestored complete or one for sale? What should I pay for one in either condition?

Thanks again!

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for a complete Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph--preferably in restored/working condition.

I have owned 2 in the past and loved them; but sold them off to buy a Mint C2 radio phonograph.

I live in Central Ohio. There is one being offered close by--by a phonograph and music box dealer; but his price is too high and he will not budge--his asking price is what I would pay for a restored machine; but his is not restored and has some issues.

Also--my c-2 speaker arced the one time I tried the radio out. I think that the output transformer has a short. I was able to get an old stock good transformer and was wondering who I could trust to re-cone the paper speaker with modern material and put the new transformer in for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Mark Roberts

Post subject: Re: Wanted Edison C-4 radio phonograph--Any Leads?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:52 pm 
Victor II
marco wrote:
Doesn't anyone have a lead on an Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph--complete and restored/working or unrestored complete or one for sale? What should I pay for one in either condition?

Thanks again!

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for a complete Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph--preferably in restored/working condition.

I have owned 2 in the past and loved them; but sold them off to buy a Mint C2 radio phonograph.

I live in Central Ohio. There is one being offered close by--by a phonograph and music box dealer; but his price is too high and he will not budge--his asking price is what I would pay for a restored machine; but his is not restored and has some issues.

Also--my c-2 speaker arced the one time I tried the radio out. I think that the output transformer has a short. I was able to get an old stock good transformer and was wondering who I could trust to re-cone the paper speaker with modern material and put the new transformer in for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Mark Roberts

bump

still looking.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:34 pm 
Victor Jr
I have a C4, restored and in working condition if you're interested.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:54 pm 
Victor II
msarnold1990 wrote:
I have a C4, restored and in working condition if you're interested.

I am interested and have sent you a PM; and also responded to your posting!

Thanks!
Mark Roberts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:38 pm 
Victor II
marco wrote:
marco wrote:

Thanks again!

Hello Everyone!

Thanks!
Mark Roberts

bump

still looking.

bump

Still looking for original with 3 knobs. Does not matter if it is electronically restored or not. Will pay to ship using my shipper. Feel free to PM or e-mail me at: ernestglen@outlook.com Thanks! Mark Roberts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:03 pm 
Victor IV
Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan
I own an Edison r-6 and r-7, both 1930 radios than can play things like your Itunes play list or any Internet radio station, or you can plug in a turntable and play records. Both in excellent condition. I also own an excellent C-2. All of these can be purchased.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:14 pm 
Victor II
marcapra wrote:
I own an Edison r-6 and r-7, both 1930 radios than can play things like your Itunes play list or any Internet radio station, or you can plug in a turntable and play records. Both in excellent condition. I also own an excellent C-2. All of these can be purchased.

I appreciate the response, Marc. I think that we may have talked or PM'd before. Anyway, I already have a MINT C-2 that is just waiting on me to take it to ChuckA to be electronically restored. Right now I have an R-7 at Chucks that I pre-purchased from someone taking it to the Wayne Show and was able to find another nice collector to take it to Chuck for me; as he had other machines to take there anyway and had space in his van. Still some terrific people out there since I could not make the show. Once Chuck is done with that radio I hope to drop off my C-2 and possibly a C-4 if I can find one and take the R-7 home with me. Thanks again for the offers. I think that you sent me photos once and they are "Beaut's" Best! Mark Roberts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:26 pm 
Victor IV
Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan
Mark,

I had a beautiful C-4, both cabinet and electronics in perfect condition, that I sold to need4art a few years ago for just $500. He got a great deal. Marc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:51 pm 
Victor II
marcapra wrote:
Mark,

I had a beautiful C-4, both cabinet and electronics in perfect condition, that I sold to need4art a few years ago for just $500. He got a great deal. Marc.

I looked up your old listing and believe I even tried to negotiate to buy the one your referred to as it it the early 3 knob one that I want. No luck then and still no luck. Confidence is High! Just wish one would turn up while I have the cash for one. Thanks for rubbing your deal in my face--HA! I did not even know the forum existed back then. Best! Mark. :lol: :P :roll:

Post subject: Re:Wanted Edison C-4 radio phonograph-Any Leads? working or
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:58 pm 
Victor II
[quote="marco"]Doesn't anyone have a lead on an Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph--complete and restored/working or unrestored complete or one for sale? I am willing to pay a fair price for one electronically restored or unrestored as long as it is complete. Throw some offers at me--PLEASE! :) :)

Thanks again!

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for a complete Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph--preferably in electronically restored on unrestored condition as long as it is complete and in decent shape. Shoot me some offers--PRETTY PLEASE?

I live in Central Ohio; but that is not an issue as I have a very good shipper who can pick it up anywhere in the USA and deliver it to ChuckA if necessary. There is one being offered close by--by a phonograph and music box dealer; but his price is too high and he will not budge--his asking price is what I would pay for a restored machine; but his is not restored and has some issues.