Post by billybob62 »

I need a set for my C250.
Thanks,
John

billybob62
Victor III

Re: WANTED TO BUY:: Edison Diamond Disc Record dividers

Post by billybob62 »

If I can't find a set, I could probably make something that would work to keep the records from rubbing against each other but I don't know what kind of paper to use. I know they're 12"X 7".
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Manila folders will work until you can get a set. Any office supply store will carry them.
Harvey Kravitz

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

Thanks, Harvey.
I got the March APS today, by the way.

JAR
Victor II

Post by JAR »

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

Thanks, JAR, but it's the thin (cardboard?) record separators that go between the slats to keep the records from rubbing against one another that I want. I have the wooden slats

Jwb88
Victor II

Post by Jwb88 »

I find this interesting, but I'm afraid I can't help much. I thought the originals were at some point possibly celluloid or celluloid coated paper? I feel like I read that somewhere but never encountered them. Someone should offer a cardboard or plastic set of reproductions, especially if they can copy one of the originals complete with the instructions. I would volunteer, but my rainy day project ideas are in the triple digits at this point :lol:

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

Jwb88 wrote:I find this interesting, but I'm afraid I can't help much. I thought the originals were at some point possibly celluloid or celluloid coated paper? I feel like I read that somewhere but never encountered them. Someone should offer a cardboard or plastic set of reproductions, especially if they can copy one of the originals complete with the instructions. I would volunteer, but my rainy day project ideas are in the triple digits at this point :lol:
Hi JWB,
A guy by the name of Matt Brown did make copies of these a few years ago and sold them and I have emailed him several times to no avail. Perhaps he passed on. I don't know. This would be a nice possible little money maker for someone with the expertise.
Thanks,
John

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

You might instead buy individual record sleeves. I buy the antique green ones and cut the corners, as seen in the video, so they fit int the cabinet. On some of them I've found pictures of the artist and stuck that on the sleeve.

If your machine has the individual slots, it's better to slide plastic sleeves over the paper ones. Makes them slide easily in/out of the slot without tearing. They also blend well with with originals. Pictured is my 250 with a mixture of original Edison and new green sleeves. All are covered with plastic sleeves.

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fvucU642UE[/youtubehd]
Attachments
Edison A-250.jpg

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

Valecnik wrote:You might instead buy individual record sleeves. I buy the antique green ones and cut the corners, as seen in the video, so they fit int the cabinet. On some of them I've found pictures of the artist and stuck that on the sleeve.

If your machine has the individual slots, it's better to slide plastic sleeves over the paper ones. Makes them slide easily in/out of the slot without tearing. They also blend well with with originals. Pictured is my 250 with a mixture of original Edison and new green sleeves. All are covered with plastic sleeves.

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fvucU642UE[/youtubehd]
Thanks for the suggestion !