FOR SALE: Victor VI Talking Machine - $3250

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: FOR SALE: Victor VI Talking Machine - $3250

Post by gramophone-georg »

All's well that ends well. A VI is my bucket list machine for when I'm a grumpy old man in an assisted living condo with no room.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Re: FOR SALE: Victor VI Talking Machine - $3250

Post by DGPros »

Thanks Nick, it took some doing, and some back and forth to get our schedules together, but I did finally pick it up. Also thanks Fran for the kind words. Oh and Gramophone George, I got a kick out of your comment! I practice my grumpy old man routine with my girlfriend so she can see what she's in for if she decides to stick around. :lol: :roll:

As far as the Vic VI, the horn is in nice original condition, the machine has been refinished with a brown stain,(decent job) I believe, and the top lid has been poly'd,(not good :cry: ) I am oscillating on whether to do a complete make over or just remove the poly. Once the poly is removed I should have a better idea on which way I will take this. I'll start a separate thread with the progress(and to get some opinions) on the machine shortly. As for now I need to unwind the springs and give it a cleaning to see what I have ahead of me. This just moved up on my project list :D
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat