FOR SALE: Victor VI Talking Machine - $3250

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Estey Organ
Victor Jr

Re: FOR SALE: Victor VI Talking Machine - $3250

Post by Estey Organ »

So, I gather it is OK for someone to list an item here and on eBay at the same time?
Forgirve my questioning this. I am fairly new to the forum.
It will be interesting to see where this may show up next..........

OldRestorer
Victor III

Post by OldRestorer »

Estey,
I know this topic is 7 pages so you must have missed all the updates. He listed it here for weeks before listing on eBay.
He followed every rule and offered it for $500.00 less on here than he got on eBay.
He also posted that it was going to eBay before he did it.

Kirk
It's not what you say... It's what you do...

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

"Buy low; sell high"

Such is the way of the world. :|

Bill

Nickwoska
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Grandmas attic

Post by Nickwoska »

So guys, I'm bumping the post again

I wanted to make it clear once again that I did offer the item on this forum far before I did on eBay, as I was trying to find a passionate local buyer before dealing with eBay. My efforts turned out to be justified, in that my eBay buyer was not trustworthy, and I decided to cancel that transaction. This means that the talking machine is STILL for sale. I'm out of a car for a while, it was totaled. Having offered to drive it to a user on this forum Gary, I'm unable to do so as of now. So, if there are any local buyers, or trustworthy people who can guide me in shipping the machine, I would be happy to sell. Once again, the machine is STILL FOR SALE. Thanks for all your help everyone

Nickwoska
Victor Jr

Post by Nickwoska »

There was too much eBay "crookery" to explain. It sheds light on the extra posting, and the confusion within the replies here. Once again, after going through the experience firsthand, I would like to sell to someone on the forum that gave me all of the information in the first place

Nickwoska
Victor Jr

Post by Nickwoska »

Sorry to spam the thread, but I am truly trying to do my due diligence here, and sometimes life gets in the way, and takes things on a different path. I didn't mean to offend any users of the forum or break any of the rules of the trade, however like I said, life does get in the way sometimes

Viva-voce
Victor III

Post by Viva-voce »

Hello, Nick,

Welcome back :)
Unfortunately, stuff like that does happen on EBay ugh.
But be patient--your lovely machine will surely go to the right home.
Best of luck to you on your sale :)

Steven

Nickwoska
Victor Jr

Post by Nickwoska »

The machine has been sold! Gary (dgpros) came over to Long Island to pick it up. Great buyer, I wish him the best of luck with the machine. I’m ecstatic to see it go to someone who can enjoy it. Thanks again to everyone on this thread for all of your help

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Nickwoska wrote:The machine has been sold! Gary (dgpros) came over to Long Island to pick it up. Great buyer, I wish him the best of luck with the machine. I’m ecstatic to see it go to someone who can enjoy it. Thanks again to everyone on this thread for all of your help
Gary's a good man. Happy he grabbed it.

-Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

Viva-voce
Victor III

Post by Viva-voce »

Nickwoska wrote:The machine has been sold! Gary (dgpros) came over to Long Island to pick it up. Great buyer, I wish him the best of luck with the machine. I’m ecstatic to see it go to someone who can enjoy it. Thanks again to everyone on this thread for all of your help
Congrats! That was quick--although I'm not surprised, as a Victor VI is always desireable :)

Steven