Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Nickwoska
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Grandmas attic

Re: FOR SALE: Victor VI Talking Machine - $3750

Post by Nickwoska »

long_island_phono wrote:
Nickwoska wrote:
long_island_phono wrote:I'd be curious to know who was responsible for refinishing the cabinet. It looks like they did not use any grain filler so the finish is not even. It was obviously a project in the works hence the removal of cabinet hardware. I wonder where the rest of the collection went?

-Jake
My grandfather was very sick for a long time before passing away (7 strokes), so I wouldnt doubt that he was attempting to restore the finish and it resulted in that
Very sad to hear but that makes sense regarding the finish. I assume the rest of the collection is long gone?

-Jake
Unfortunately I believe so. I’ve found nothing else hinting to another hidden gem. I’m going to ask my grandmother if she remembers where the collection ended up, I never thought to ask

Phonolair
Victor III

Post by Phonolair »

If your grandfather had a basement or garage workshop where he refinished this case. The rest of the missing parts may be in the workshop in a drawer or box.

In your little pile of misc. parts there are few parts that go with this Victor VI.
Two parts of the lid latch and two parts of the speed control. So keep them with the machine.

Another option for selling your machine is the large 3 day phonograph auction Stanton's is having at the end of April.

When selling these type of machines, it's best to take your time if there's no need to hurry.

Larry Crandell

Nickwoska
Victor Jr

Post by Nickwoska »

Phonolair wrote:If your grandfather had a basement or garage workshop where he refinished this case. The rest of the missing parts may be in the workshop in a drawer or box.

In your little pile of misc. parts there are few parts that go with this Victor VI.
Two parts of the lid latch and two parts of the speed control. So keep them with the machine.

Another option for selling your machine is the large 3 day phonograph auction Stanton's is having at the end of April.

When selling these type of machines, it's best to take your time if there's no need to hurry.

Larry Crandell
I'm certainly in no rush at all, it's no eye sore to keep around, thats for sure. I looked into the auction Stanton's is having, and that seems to be another great option if a local buyer doesn't come out of the shadows. I appreciate the advice!

Nickwoska
Victor Jr

Post by Nickwoska »

So I did some research on shipping these machines, and it doesn't seem quite as daunting as I suspected. So if there are no local buyers, I will consider shipping the machine. I have come to realize over the course of researching that this is a very helpful forum, and is home to many people who would love the phono, and I would like to see it go to someone on here. If I'm considering an ebay auction, I may as well consider shipping to someone on this forum. Thanks!

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Also, You will deal with a better clientele than some stranger on ebay. A lot of us have experience packing and shipping the phonographs. So feel free to contact us, and we will help you out.
Harvey Kravitz

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Phonofreak wrote:Also, You will deal with a better clientele than some stranger on ebay. A lot of us have experience packing and shipping the phonographs. So feel free to contact us, and we will help you out.
Harvey Kravitz

This is very true. Better watch out for that Harvey guy, though! :shock: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjhAq8NoL8s

:D
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's another record for the hunt!!!
Harvey Kravitz

Nickwoska
Victor Jr

Post by Nickwoska »

Phonofreak wrote:Also, You will deal with a better clientele than some stranger on ebay. A lot of us have experience packing and shipping the phonographs. So feel free to contact us, and we will help you out.
Harvey Kravitz
My thoughts exactly

Nickwoska
Victor Jr

Re: FOR SALE: Victor VI Talking Machine - $3250

Post by Nickwoska »

PRICE GOES DOWN to $3250. I’d love for someone on this forum to have it before I send it to an auction.

Nickwoska
Victor Jr

Re: FOR SALE: Victor VI Talking Machine - $3250

Post by Nickwoska »

I believe I’ve found a piece of the brake! This looks like a part that has been pictured earlier in this thread. Im desperately searching for the other pieces now
Attachments
image.jpg