FOR SALE: Victor VI Talking Machine - $3250

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Nickwoska
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Grandmas attic

FOR SALE: Victor VI Talking Machine - $3250

Post by Nickwoska »

This is a Victor Six Talking Machine. Located on Long Island in NY. I'm accepting offers on this, as I'm only just learning about these machines, and know that there are some parts missing. I also know that the horn has a crack in the small end, probably a result of the metal clamp piece being stuck inside the elbow of the machine. Attached are pictures. Although my knowledge on the machines is limited, I do understand the ballpark value of what this is worth, so please, no obvious lowballs. Again, all parts are pictured, and the only major flaw I can notice is the crack in the horn. I appreciate everyones time in helping me identify and find parts for this machine... I hope it can go to someone who will truly enjoy it!
Attachments
IMG_1168.jpeg
20180320_114645.jpg
20180320_114634.jpg
20180320_114626.jpg
20180320_114612.jpg
20180320_114553.jpg
20180320_114543.jpg
20180320_114536.jpg
20180320_114528.jpg
Last edited by Nickwoska on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nickwoska
Victor Jr

Re: Victor VI Talking Machine

Post by Nickwoska »

More pictures can be provided upon request

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: FOR SALE: Victor VI Talking Machine - Inquire

Post by Jerry B. »

Are you willing to ship? If so I would ask for specific packing instructions from the buyer. A machine like this is not the time to go "budget" and hope for the best for either the seller or buyer.

It looks like the small metal end of the horn is still in the elbow.

Nice find, Jerry Blais

Nickwoska
Victor Jr

Post by Nickwoska »

Jerry B. wrote:Are you willing to ship? If so I would ask for specific packing instructions from the buyer. A machine like this is not the time to go "budget" and hope for the best for either the seller or buyer.

It looks like the small metal end of the horn is still in the elbow.

Nice find, Jerry Blais
I would rather not ship, I haven't the slightest idea how to get this thing in the mail. However if someone has done it before and would like to fill me in on how you did it I would consider shipping. And yes, the metal piece is stuck in the elbow

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

You might try searching for something like this yet. It's the turntable brake. Would be nice if you found it.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (41.42 KiB) Viewed 2323 times

Nickwoska
Victor Jr

Post by Nickwoska »

JerryVan wrote:You might try searching for something like this yet. It's the turntable brake. Would be nice if you found it.
I have been searching, but there is a lot to search through (my grandmothers attic). If I do find it, I will update the post accordingly. Thanks!

OldRestorer
Victor III

Post by OldRestorer »

I'm in Smithtown but of course cant afford this beastie...
If you find a cheap one let me know, LOL

Kirk
It's not what you say... It's what you do...

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Housekeeping stopped by and cleaned up the detritus. If you aren't interesting in buying the machine or have something constructive to say - just don't.

Best of luck with the sale, someone will inevitably come forth and offer this lovely machine a new home and a little TLC.

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

Hi,

Nice find, your grandma had great taste in phonos! Alas, I'm not in a position to buy it, but I do want to pass along one bit of info: I have an identical key for an old Welch mantel clock. If you're still exploring that attic, you might have a look and see if one is lurking up there; if so, I think you have the key. Best of luck!

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

Very nice machine! Your grandmother must’ve been very well off. This was the best you could buy until the VTLA / XVI was introduced, but nowadays no other machine seems to have the magic that this one does. I’d love to buy it, but I have nowhere near the amount of funds necessary for a machine like this. I hope it goes to a great home!

Greg