The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:05 pm 
Offline
Victor III
User avatar
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:32 pm
Posts: 765
Looking for the rear bead molding or front should work too , the side molding are longer but i could cut it down . Any help please! Would have to be shipped in a tube .
Thanks Eric


Attachments:
DISC TWO 829.jpg
DISC TWO 829.jpg [ 563.28 KiB | Viewed 786 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline
Victor IV
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 1933
Location: Harrison Township, MI
It's called "pearl & bead" molding. Maybe these folks can help you: https://www.osbornewood.com/pearl-moulding.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:37 pm 
Offline
Victor III
User avatar
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:32 pm
Posts: 765
JerryVan wrote:
It's called "pearl & bead" molding. Maybe these folks can help you: https://www.osbornewood.com/pearl-moulding.aspx

Thank you Jerry, i will looking into that.
Eric


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 pm 
Offline
Victor II
A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:46 pm
Posts: 362
Location: Arizona
Eric,
Its not that hard to make a mold of the trim, cast it and then color with oil based paint.
If you want to try this PM me and I will give you details and products. Please include your phone #

Abe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:40 am 
Offline
Victor III
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:43 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Port Huron, MI
need4art wrote:
Eric,
Its not that hard to make a mold of the trim, cast it and then color with oil based paint.
If you want to try this PM me and I will give you details and products. Please include your phone #

Abe



Dear Abe,
I bet a lot of us would enjoy learning from you how to do this. Please consider a public posting.
Dave D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline
Victor III
User avatar
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:32 pm
Posts: 765
need4art wrote:
Eric,
Its not that hard to make a mold of the trim, cast it and then color with oil based paint.
If you want to try this PM me and I will give you details and products. Please include your phone #

Abe

Thank you Abe ,
A public posting would be a great idea!!
Thank you Eric


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 am 
Offline
Victor O
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:28 pm
Posts: 85
Location: Deltona FL / Brampton ON
Dave D wrote:
need4art wrote:
Eric,
Its not that hard to make a mold of the trim, cast it and then color with oil based paint.
If you want to try this PM me and I will give you details and products. Please include your phone #

Abe



Dear Abe,
I bet a lot of us would enjoy learning from you how to do this. Please consider a public posting.
Dave D

Me too!! I have a Regina music box missing a bit of rope molding.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline
Victor II
A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:46 pm
Posts: 362
Location: Arizona
Lets do this, send me some close up pictures of what you would like to reproduce and the length of it. I am currently in the middle of a job for one of my museums and leave for Mexico to open a micro credit program for Rotary International. I have never done a video before except with my cell phone and I think I will need to get a stand for it. You guys are much more tech. Can I do a decent job with my Samsung 7 phone?

I should also say that I am working on another phonograph restoration project. Working with a 3-D company to see if it is practical for us to have parts made, with matching finishes at a reasonable cost that is eating into my spare time. But if this works we will be able to get really well done parts-and they can do things in wood-like your trim!!!

Abe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:37 am 
Offline
Victor III
User avatar
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:32 pm
Posts: 765
need4art wrote:
Lets do this, send me some close up pictures of what you would like to reproduce and the length of it. I am currently in the middle of a job for one of my museums and leave for Mexico to open a micro credit program for Rotary International. I have never done a video before except with my cell phone and I think I will need to get a stand for it. You guys are much more tech. Can I do a decent job with my Samsung 7 phone?

I should also say that I am working on another phonograph restoration project. Working with a 3-D company to see if it is practical for us to have parts made, with matching finishes at a reasonable cost that is eating into my spare time. But if this works we will be able to get really well done parts-and they can do things in wood-like your trim!!!

Abe

Abe,
I can mail you a section when you get caught up no rush , i got the rest of my life!!
Thanks Eric


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:16 pm 
Offline
Victor III
User avatar
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:32 pm
Posts: 765
I found some remade pearl beading a bit different , looking for a donor machine someone might be parting out!
Thanks Eric


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.