WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
ehs004
Victor III

WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250

Post by ehs004 »

Looking for the rear bead molding or front should work too , the side molding are longer but i could cut it down . Any help please! Would have to be shipped in a tube .
Thanks Eric
Attachments
DISC TWO 829.jpg

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: WANTED: Front or rear bead molding for Edison W 250

Post by JerryVan »

It's called "pearl & bead" molding. Maybe these folks can help you: https://www.osbornewood.com/pearl-moulding.aspx

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

JerryVan wrote:It's called "pearl & bead" molding. Maybe these folks can help you: https://www.osbornewood.com/pearl-moulding.aspx
Thank you Jerry, i will looking into that.
Eric

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Eric,
Its not that hard to make a mold of the trim, cast it and then color with oil based paint.
If you want to try this PM me and I will give you details and products. Please include your phone #

Abe

Dave D
Victor IV

Post by Dave D »

need4art wrote:Eric,
Its not that hard to make a mold of the trim, cast it and then color with oil based paint.
If you want to try this PM me and I will give you details and products. Please include your phone #

Abe

Dear Abe,
I bet a lot of us would enjoy learning from you how to do this. Please consider a public posting.
Dave D

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

Abe
Thank you Abe ,
A public posting would be a great idea!!
Thank you Eric

Herman
Victor II

Post by Herman »

Dave D wrote:

Abe

Dear Abe,
I bet a lot of us would enjoy learning from you how to do this. Please consider a public posting.
Dave D
Me too!! I have a Regina music box missing a bit of rope molding.

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Lets do this, send me some close up pictures of what you would like to reproduce and the length of it. I am currently in the middle of a job for one of my museums and leave for Mexico to open a micro credit program for Rotary International. I have never done a video before except with my cell phone and I think I will need to get a stand for it. You guys are much more tech. Can I do a decent job with my Samsung 7 phone?

I should also say that I am working on another phonograph restoration project. Working with a 3-D company to see if it is practical for us to have parts made, with matching finishes at a reasonable cost that is eating into my spare time. But if this works we will be able to get really well done parts-and they can do things in wood-like your trim!!!

Abe

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

need4art wrote:Lets do this, send me some close up pictures of what you would like to reproduce and the length of it. I am currently in the middle of a job for one of my museums and leave for Mexico to open a micro credit program for Rotary International. I have never done a video before except with my cell phone and I think I will need to get a stand for it. You guys are much more tech. Can I do a decent job with my Samsung 7 phone?

I should also say that I am working on another phonograph restoration project. Working with a 3-D company to see if it is practical for us to have parts made, with matching finishes at a reasonable cost that is eating into my spare time. But if this works we will be able to get really well done parts-and they can do things in wood-like your trim!!!

Abe
Abe,
I can mail you a section when you get caught up no rush , i got the rest of my life!!
Thanks Eric

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

I found some remade pearl beading a bit different , looking for a donor machine someone might be parting out!
Thanks Eric