FOR SALE: several interesting toy phonographs, VARIOUS

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
MicaMonster
Victor III
Personal Text: Never Settled

FOR SALE: several interesting toy phonographs, VARIOUS

Post by MicaMonster »

I have several toy phonographs that I have gone through today (a full day of work!). Fixing lots of little stuff from subtle adjustments to reproducer rebuilds. Here are the descriptions and condition reports and prices. Prices negotiable. Delivery available to Stantons Spring Auction, Fall Wayne phonograph show, or through the mail USPS Priority insured and well packaged. Thankfully, these are all small machines!

1. Exceedingly....EXCEEDINGLY rare “Bingophone.” Has 2-piece horn (bell is friction fit on elbow). Motor runs well, and speed control works well. Reproducer plays decent for what it is. When spring is under tension, the speed control in the OFF position does not hold governor from moving. Some color touchup, but looks extraordinary. The most sought after Bing....PERIOD. $2000

2. Trumpet style German made Nifty Nirona. A variant that is not only correct but very Very uncommon. I have rebuilt the reproducer with new gaskets. Plays very nicely! Behind mica diaphragm is a paper label inside the reproducer “NIFTY-NIRONA.” Horn and body color has been touched up to make it look amazing. $1300

3. Smaller cabinet Garford BABY. I rebuilt the reproducer with new gaskets, pivot bar springs and screws. Has pot metal reproducer, but it is pretty good shape, no dimensional swelling, rebuilt super easily. I just fixed governor, and it plays nicely!!! $400

4. Tall cabinet Garford BABY. This one is in UNBELIEVABLE condition. SMOOTHEST RUNNING ONE I HAVE EVER SEEN. Looks like it was used very little, then put away. Some black paint touch up here and there, but overall EXCELLENT. Pressed steel reproducer plays nicely as well, as I have just rebuilt and adjusted it. Missing thumbscrew, and I have not found an ideal replacement yet....machine screw temporarily there. $700

5. I have no idea of the make, but I have always attributed this machine to Little Wonder records. Cabinet is substantially built, as is motor. I have rebuilt the reproducer with new gaskets. Motor runs smoothly, and it does play records, but the cast iron turntable is slightly loose on the spindle, and it has a light wobble. $350 SOLD
Attachments
B0872BCA-60AC-47AF-86B4-F725CF32193B.jpeg
74D83B20-F30D-48F4-AC7C-EF691C454C66.jpeg
22EA3CBF-BF4A-4553-A9E8-5066D54A9D0F.jpeg
F00FA06B-A8A7-4F99-870F-77C7BFDD734F.jpeg
6FCDB646-78E4-428A-BE4C-DABC51F26845.jpeg
03ECBBF8-44D9-4AB1-83BC-E0DB49FD8DDA.jpeg
-Antique Phonograph Reproducer Restorer-
http://www.EdisonDiamondDisc.com
Taming Orthophonics Daily!