Wanted: Victrola 4A Reproducer

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
cpcottrell
Victor Jr

Wanted: Victrola 4A Reproducer

Post by cpcottrell »

Looking for a Victrola 4A Reproducer in good shape without cracks.

jmad7474
Victor I
Personal Text: "Don't Deny Yourself the Sheer Joy of Orthophonic Music"

Re: Wanted: Victrola 4A Reproducer

Post by jmad7474 »

I have a spare Victrola 4A that is in decent shape I would be happy to sell to you. It does play but will need to be rebuilt, the body does have some small cracks but they are superficial. The only reason I haven't rebuilt it myself is because I got an HMV #4 that fits my machine even better.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

jmad7474 wrote:I have a spare Victrola 4A that is in decent shape I would be happy to sell to you. It does play but will need to be rebuilt, the body does have some small cracks but they are superficial. The only reason I haven't rebuilt it myself is because I got an HMV #4 that fits my machine even better.

What machine do you have your number 4 on? They are great reproducers.

jmad7474
Victor I
Personal Text: "Don't Deny Yourself the Sheer Joy of Orthophonic Music"

Post by jmad7474 »

Valecnic, I use mine on my 1909(ish) Victor 0 - despite the little horn on it, the #4 reproducer is at least one and a half times louder than the Exhibition Jr. that it was originally supplied with (makes sense given the larger size of the mica diaphragm), and also has the advantage of tracking electrically-recorded discs without skipping.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

jmad7474 wrote:Valecnic, I use mine on my 1909(ish) Victor 0 - despite the little horn on it, the #4 reproducer is at least one and a half times louder than the Exhibition Jr. that it was originally supplied with (makes sense given the larger size of the mica diaphragm), and also has the advantage of tracking electrically-recorded discs without skipping.
I'm sure that works fine. I use mine mainly on a Victor III and a V. The difference is really noticeable, especially with electrics and a soft tone needle. Medium tone is usually too loud for the electrics imho.