FOR SALE: VTLA - $600 - SOLD

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Hailey
Victor III

FOR SALE: VTLA - $600 - SOLD

Post by Hailey »

Just brought this home from our farmstead up north. All original Victor Victrola VTLA, early Cabinet, serial number 5368. I have not unloaded this yet, but wanted to get it out to the Forum now. If wanted, I can get photos to you once I unload it in a few days. However, I will try to share what you should need to know.
This machine has NEVER been touched. It is completely original. The motor is good and the springs are intact. Everything is present...record tray, drawer, exhibition reproduced. The gold plating is tarnished, but I see no reason why it will not clean up good. All hardware is original, and intact. The under lid decal is perfect. The finish will require reconditioning, and, there are minor scratches that should work out well. The top of the lid is void of any water marks. The turntable felt is perfect, and due to the lid being closed for nearly 60 years, in emacculate bright green condition. The veneer on both front doors and each side has buckled outward, yet is totally intact. The cabinet is void of breaks, repairs, or deep gauges.
I have never seen another Victrola with the type of roller casters that this one has. They are virtually ball rollers. I am perfectly confident that they came on the machine.
If you are handy with correcting veneer, this will be an easy fix for you. The machine is so original, if I don’t move it in a few days, I will simply keep it and do the work myself.
The price is only $600! I will not ship this anywhere. If you buy it, it will be secure inside my house til you can pick it up.
Please signify your intent to purchase by proclaiming “SOLD”.
Thanks so much.
Attachments
8420B01B-166A-4E33-99F8-920081819BD0.jpeg
AF194253-AF41-4CE4-85F8-7CCC890ADAB4.jpeg
456AE198-A8BD-4A02-967B-81A0E81B1F45.jpeg
D27C252F-1D3A-481F-A502-DB418210EB40.jpeg