Wanted: "Let US Not Forget" on Edison Disc

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Wanted: "Let US Not Forget" on Edison Disc

Post by Valecnik »

I'm looking for an N- copy. :monkey:

rgordon939
Victor V

Re: Wanted: "Let US Not Forget" on Edison Disc

Post by rgordon939 »

I have a nice copy of “Let Us Not Forget” Cylinder #3756 if you or anyone else is interested. This is the version without The Star Spangled Banner. Price is $125.00.

Rich Gordon
Attachments
8387341A-3BA0-4037-8BB3-C67D1636C762.jpeg
59F6BEF1-AC2B-4665-9A99-8D73AAB6661B.jpeg
AFBC49AD-EA87-4D20-A1F5-0CBF17590DD6.jpeg
D9943379-0880-4B1A-8A16-22633BF537E9.jpeg

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

rgordon939 wrote:I have a nice copy of “Let Us Not Forget” Cylinder #3756 if you or anyone else is interested. This is the version without The Star Spangled Banner. Price is $125.00.

Rich Gordon
Rich,
I have heard tale the one without the band at end is harder to find than the one with the band but you hardly ever see the ones with the band for sale?What are your thoughts on that?
Thanks Eric

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

I think they are both hard to find. If your interested I. The cylinder make me an offer.

Rich Gordon

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

rgordon939 wrote:I think they are both hard to find. If your interested I. The cylinder make me an offer.

Rich Gordon
Rich,
I just recently sold my copy without band and kept the copy with band. I was just wondering if either version was less or more produced?
Thanks Eric

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Rich, that looks like a really nice copy. I'm looking for the disc though to display with an A&N phonograph as part of a WW1 exhibit at a local museum in Minnesota.

Thanks!

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

If it is just for display, copy and print the label from Charles Gregory’s book and glue label to another diamond disc. I have etched label version on diamond disc of Let Us Not Forget and did that with my copy.

Good luck!

Mike Sorter
Riverside, CA

PS for every cylinder version of let us not forget, I have only ever seen a couple of versions with the music at the end and many many without the music. I would say the music version is worth at least double to maybe triple that of the no music version. Just my 10 cents worth!

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

I would agree with that also, that the long version is worth at least twice the short version.

Rich Gordon

Valecnik
Victor VI

Post by Valecnik »

gsphonos wrote:If it is just for display, copy and print the label from Charles Gregory’s book and glue label to another diamond disc. I have etched label version on diamond disc of Let Us Not Forget and did that with my copy.

Good luck!

Mike Sorter
Riverside, CA

PS for every cylinder version of let us not forget, I have only ever seen a couple of versions with the music at the end and many many without the music. I would say the music version is worth at least double to maybe triple that of the no music version. Just my 10 cents worth!
Well actually it's a bit more complicated than I explained. I have an etched version of the DD in V+ condition that I'm going to allow them to play. It's in one of those reproduction envelopes Robin & Joan Rolph had made a few years ago.

I would like an E+ copy anyway on disc for my collection, especially given that even though the museum will be careful, I'll train them, there's a small chance my V+ copy comes back damaged or does not come back at all... :monkey:

Thanks for the suggestion though.

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

I'd be happy to copy one. An etched disc would be perfect.