SOLD pending funds: 21" black MG for Victor II-IV, $165

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

SOLD pending funds: 21" black MG for Victor II-IV, $165

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Ladies and gentlemen:

Up for grabs is a large morning glory horn for a Victor Talking Machine. It still has the original japan paint and looks swell. Traces of the original gold pinstriping are present. It locks on to my Victor III and looks swell; selling because I found a different style horn.

The good news--it's original, very straight, and should go on a phonograph nicely. Bad news--it's suffering from a few nicks and dings in the paint; I could touch them up but that's for the next owner to decide. The tiny gold decal is gone that tells what year it was patented but there is a spot where it should go. The end where it attaches to the elbow is a little bent but not enough to hurt.

Trade goods accepted include records. Ragtime is an accepted form of currency. like the Peerless Quartet, Conway's Band, Sousa's Band, Fred Van Eps, Vess Ossman, Billy Murray, Felix Arndt--ESPECIALLY if you have Desecration Rag. Oh, and just about anything old and fun to listen to, classical included. Blues, jazz, all kind of fun stuff, whatever.

I don't want any more talking machines in trade but if you have a VV-XX or something we can talk.

Pictures to follow later this afternoon, IF I can find the camera. Until then...

OH BY THE WAY

free shipping within the continental US!
Last edited by VanEpsFan1914 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rbosco
Victor Jr

Re: FOR SALE or TRADE: 21" black MG for Victor II-IV, $165

Post by rbosco »

Interested in horn if I could see some pics of inside and outside thanks

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: FOR SALE or TRADE: 21" black MG for Victor II-IV, $165

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Here are the pictures as promised. Photos are taken with flash and I've added up the ugliest portions first, then finishing up with a nice presentation "glamour shot." I think it's a pretty horn, just it's up to you whether it's $165 worth of pretty. Remember, free shipping...

Happy inspecting! :D
Attachments
Side view. Has the classic silhouette.
Side view. Has the classic silhouette.
Damaged end of the horn.
Damaged end of the horn.
The paint on the interior is lovely, though it does have some nicks and scratches detracting from the shine.
The paint on the interior is lovely, though it does have some nicks and scratches detracting from the shine.
As you can see, the Nipper decal is in pleasantly presentable condition.
As you can see, the Nipper decal is in pleasantly presentable condition.
Horn presents well in a room, not a wrinkly mess.
Horn presents well in a room, not a wrinkly mess.