For Sale Columbia Gothic $800 Price reduced to $799

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
melvind
Victor IV

Re: For Sale Columbia Gothic $800 Price reduced to $799

Post by melvind »

I thought I would provide a few pictures of my Gothic works. It does not have gold hardware, instead it is what I would call gunmetal finish. The pictures make it look like nickel, but it is darker colored than nickel would be. I have seen a few others and they all have had the gunmetal finish like this one does.

In addition to the automatic start/stop mechanism connected to the arm, there is a switch next to the speed control that shuts everything down. There is also a pressure switch on the backside of the lid rest that turns the light off when the lid is closed.

tictalk
Victor II

Post by tictalk »

melvind wrote:I thought I would provide a few pictures of my Gothic works. It does not have gold hardware, instead it is what I would call gunmetal finish. The pictures make it look like nickel, but it is darker colored than nickel would be. I have seen a few others and they all have had the gunmetal finish like this one does.

In addition to the automatic start/stop mechanism connected to the arm, there is a switch next to the speed control that shuts everything down. There is also a pressure switch on the backside of the lid rest that turns the light off when the lid is closed.
Thanks for those pictures , I am on the fence to just keep this machine ,I have owned it for many years and have never really sought out the correct parts, I bought it from a well respected collector that claimed it used to reside in the Wrigley Mansion of the Wrigley Gum Company Chicago, Melvind being that you own such a machine what do you value a complete example in good condition?

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

In good working condition I would say in the $3000 to $3500 range. I paid $4000 10+ years ago when prices were higher. One of my favorite machines!

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

By far one of my favorite machines ever built. It is just beautiful. :shock:

-Travis