SOLD: Victor Victrola VV-XI tabletop for Parts - Variou

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Django
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: Victor Victrola VV-XI tabletop for Parts - Var

Post by Django »

The decision is yours alone. Many consider it a shame to see a machine parted out, but you have to do what is right for you. If someone feels that strongly they can buy the machine. Another way to look at it is that the machine becomes a doner to complete others. I hope that you sell it complete, but if you can’t, that’s your business. Good luck either way.
Victrolacollector wrote:It’s a very nice machine, I have 800.00 into it. I just don’t have room in the apartment since I moved. I am trying to sell this as a complete machine. It’s not easy when you have an apartment and have to compromise with the other half.

OldRestorer
Victor III

Post by OldRestorer »

Ya know,
I deal in radios. I have radios I cant give away. They are consoles and no one wants them. Am I supposed to store them forever? I need the room so if I have to I will part them out.
Ok, I haven't yet done this because like many of you, I just CANT... Ugh.. lol..
I am getting close though.. I just bought 82 radios/record players and my shop is overflowing. I am done lugging them to swap meets and shows so dont go reprimanding other for the same.
They say put up or ;)

Kirk
It's not what you say... It's what you do...

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Django wrote:The decision is yours alone. Many consider it a shame to see a machine parted out, but you have to do what is right for you. If someone feels that strongly they can buy the machine. Another way to look at it is that the machine becomes a doner to complete others. I hope that you sell it complete, but if you can’t, that’s your business. Good luck either way.
Victrolacollector wrote:It’s a very nice machine, I have 800.00 into it. I just don’t have room in the apartment since I moved. I am trying to sell this as a complete machine. It’s not easy when you have an apartment and have to compromise with the other half.
In my opinion, anyone who isn't willing to step up and buy it needs to zip it when it gets parted out. ;)
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

gramophone-georg wrote: In my opinion, anyone who isn't willing to step up and buy it needs to zip it when it gets parted out. ;)
Very true :lol:

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Yep it is hard Kirk understands from dealing with radio there are beautiful 1928-29 consoles you cannot sell the radio guys look at em like a Victor XI is to the phono guys ....I am a tube audio guy and anyone who takes apart an RE 45 for the speaker and amp should be shot!( not really) ,Have bought three in the past year to protect them ! ....and here is how dead radios are even WITH 45 tubes two were less than a hundred bucks!! Sad state of affairs !

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

If interested in buying this machine, anyone going to Union coming from the East can meet up around Portage, Indiana near I-94 to purchase this beauty.

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Re: SOLD: Victor Victrola VV-XI tabletop for Parts - Variou

Post by Victrolacollector »

Good news.... the Victrola was sold on eBay for $ 500.00 and found a new home in Chicago. I felt good that this machine ended up with a collector, he said he has about 4 machines. Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Until I I can get a larger place, I will be content with the machines that I have. My purchase will be small things like booklets, needle tins, a few new reproduction cylinders and records here and there.