FOUND: grill for a 1919 Sonora Elite, please help.

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
dennislr86
Victor Jr

FOUND: grill for a 1919 Sonora Elite, please help.

Post by dennislr86 »

I need a grill for my 1919 Sonora Elite, please help. Here I'm going to attach two pictures of my machine and a picture from the original manual that came with this machine so you can see the design of the grill, also I will add two picture of another machine I found online with the same grill design. The measurements are from top to bottom 10 ¾ inches and side to side 18 ⅜ inches. Thank you.
Attachments
my_Sonora.JPG
my_Sonora1.JPG
manual_image.JPG
sample_grill.jpg
sample_grill1.jpg
Last edited by dennislr86 on Tue May 29, 2018 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: WANTED: grill for a 1919 Sonora Elite, please help.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

There's a website called Gramp's Treasures that has tons of new grills and a custom grill-making service courtesy of Tom Rutkowski (Gramps.) In fact, I ought to go there for my Amberola 30.

I'd say give him a try--the machine could stand finish work, so when you do that, you can finish the grill to match. Shellac is a cinch anyway to work with.

dennislr86
Victor Jr

Re: WANTED: grill for a 1919 Sonora Elite, please help.

Post by dennislr86 »

Thank you very much for the info. But I was hoping to find an original grill, it doesn't have to be perfect at all, I don't mind fix in it. If by any chance one of you guys have an spare grill and want to sell it, let me know. Thanks.

melvind
Victor IV

Re: FOUND: grill for a 1919 Sonora Elite, please help.

Post by melvind »

If you haven't found the grill yet there is one in the Roscoe Antique Mall in South Benoit Il. I took a picture.