WANTED: Owl Audio Multifilter

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
BusyBeeCylinder
Victor I

WANTED: Owl Audio Multifilter

Post by BusyBeeCylinder »

Looking for an old Owl Audio Multifilter for de-noising 78's. Working condition preferred but will also consider a non-operational unit if the price is right.

Thanks,
Rob

Teak
Victor II

Re: WANTED: Owl Audio Multifilter

Post by Teak »

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

BusyBeeCylinder wrote:Looking for an old Owl Audio Multifilter for de-noising 78's. Working condition preferred but will also consider a non-operational unit if the price is right.

Thanks,
Rob
Not trying to flack for the thing, which I've never used personally, but have you seen this? It's promoted as a replacement for the Owl. https://www.kabusa.com/tdl4010.htm

Might be worth considering, since it's a modern unit, I assume with a modern unit's warranty, whereas the Owl is very long in the tooth by now. In all events, good luck with your search!

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

^ Gah, that KAB website is cluttered. I can't find the price for that TDL 4010 restoration unit that was linked. Click 'price' and then the unit isn't shown, their other models are.

BusyBeeCylinder
Victor I

Post by BusyBeeCylinder »

Thanks for the thought. I did see this posting, but they are not worth that kind of $$$...especially with the shipping cost added on.

Thanks,
Rob

Damfino59
Victor II

Post by Damfino59 »

The TDL-410 is no longer available. I don’t think TDL is even in business anymore.That is a dead link from what I can tell on the KAB site.

The current site still offers the KAB VSP Mk II at $600. This is the current workhorse for vintage record collectors. I do like mine but then again $600 may be too much for those on a budget.

The Owl units do pop up on eBay but are in the $250-350 range used.

Glenn

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

Damfino59 wrote:The TDL-410 is no longer available. I don’t think TDL is even in business anymore.That is a dead link from what I can tell on the KAB site.

The current site still offers the KAB VSP Mk II at $600. This is the current workhorse for vintage record collectors. I do like mine but then again $600 may be too much for those on a budget.

The Owl units do pop up on eBay but are in the $250-350 range used.

Glenn
The VSP Mk II also is some levels more sophistcated than the OWL.

I use the Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer III, which I like. There's also a more basic Re-Equalizer II offered. Those units are somewhat more akin to what the OWL had.

Viva-voce
Victor III

Post by Viva-voce »

I have been using an Esoteric for 25.years. Bought it new for $275 I think it was. Since then it's paid for itself many times over.