Wanted: Victrola 8-9 door knobs

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Wanted: Victrola 8-9 door knobs

Post by marcapra »

I need the door knobs from a Victrola 8-9, or some knobs that would fit.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: Wanted: Victrola 8-9 door knobs

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Good luck, I’ve been looking for years :lol:

Wes Little has reproduction inserts that look spot-on. You’d need the knobs though, which is my dilemma.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Maybe there are simple modern wood knobs that could be painted and the covers glued over them? How do I contact him? Thanks, Marc.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

marcapra wrote:Maybe there are simple modern wood knobs that could be painted and the covers glued over them? How do I contact him? Thanks, Marc.
He is downsouth here on the forum. If there was some sort of newly available wooden knob they could go on, I’d be interested in that solution. I meant to ask him about that at Union but got distracted :?

I think if someone came up with a complete reproduction 8-9 knob available for sale, there would be quite a few buyers.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

The insert is the hard part! Get them while you can! The rest of the knob is fairly simple, just a turning. If you want to go into the 8-9 knob business Brandon, I can recommend an excellent shop that does custom turnings, but you need to buy in quantity.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

JerryVan wrote:The insert is the hard part! Get them while you can! The rest of the knob is fairly simple, just a turning. If you want to go into the 8-9 knob business Brandon, I can recommend an excellent shop that does custom turnings, but you need to buy in quantity.
I’m neither crafty nor industrious. I just wanna buy a set :lol:

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

The knobs look virtually identical to those from the VV 7-25. You could widen your search a little if I'm correct (although not by much since the 7-25 is rare on its own.)

marcapra
Victor V

Post by marcapra »

The insert is the hard part! Get them while you can! The rest of the knob is fairly simple, just a turning. If you want to go into the 8-9 knob business Brandon, I can recommend an excellent shop that does custom turnings, but you need to buy in quantity.
Unfortunately, the 8-9 and Buy in Quantity don't really go together!