SOLD!: Columbia BN Project - $250

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

SOLD!: Columbia BN Project - $250

Post by Jerry B. »

Here's a very worthy project... I am selling a Columbia BN. The motor runs but is missing the push-pull on/off control. A small chunk of the threaded portion of the horn is missing. Please look at the detailed photo showing the damage. I threaded the horn into position but I would not trust it long term without a repair. The female threaded crank is missing. The cabinet has been refinished with a pre-Cline decal and the horn appears to be metal flake.

I can deliver to APS or Union free of charge but postage is extra. I will mail at the cost of a carton, some bubble wrap, and actual US postage cost. It would be shipped in two cartons. I hope for a quick sale of this and a couple more items I'll post. I do a quality job packing, boxes run about $7 and $3 for packing material. I am happy to provide receipts.

Please PM any interest or questions.

Offers considered.

Thanks, Jerry Blais

.......................................................SOLD!
Attachments
IMG_2442.JPG
IMG_2444.JPG
IMG_2445.JPG
IMG_2446.JPG
IMG_2447.JPG

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Re: SOLD!: Columbia BN Project - $250

Post by Phonofreak »

The red felt on the turntable is correct and original. The early BN and transitional model like this, used red felt. Red felt was also used on some of the Columbia Client machines. To repair the threaded end is easy. You will need to get a threaded end from Ron Sitko. Cut the bad end off. Clean the inside near the conical end. Place the threaded end into the horn. You can either braze the end or use JB Weld. After the horn is stripped and repainted, the repair will hardly be noticeable. The correct color for this horn is a translucent red, with gold stripes.. The later BN used a black horn. Whoever bought has any questions, feel free to contact me.
Harvey Kravitz