SOLD: Amberola A1 Mahogany with M reproducer; $3900

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
zonophpones7
Victor I

SOLD: Amberola A1 Mahogany with M reproducer; $3900

Post by zonophpones7 »

I have to gain some real estate in my house so this great Amberola A1 is available for sale. The mahogany cabinet is the style with the Cloven Hooves style feet. This example has original finish on the cabinet that shows minor blemishes and light checking as would be expected. The drawers have the original clips for the record boxes. The Serial numbers on the cabinet and the mechanism match. The wood gaining on the horn is original and outstanding. Original grill with original finish. The bed-plate is nearly perfect. Absolutely one of the best I have seen. It is all original paint and striping with only a few minor blemishes... It has the bright maroon color like it came from the factory. They so often have darkened significantly over the years. Metal plating is great with some minor wear to the oxidation on the mandrel. The M reproducer has been re-built and plays great. The oxidation is nearly perfect on it. The motor has been cleaned an a new belt installed and plays evenly and starts immediately when the play lever is lowered. I have included several photos. Please let me know if you need additional photos or have any questions. I prefer direct email rather than IM... I don't get the IM on my phone. zonophone@woh.rr.com

I am asking $3900 for pickup in Findlay, Oh. I can deliver it for free to Stanton's in the fall or meet somewhere (within reason distance wise) for the exchange.

Thanks for Looking,
Gregg
Attachments
amberola A1 4813.jpg
amberola A1 4808.jpg
amberola A1 4805.jpg
amberola A1 4798.jpg
amberola A1 4812.jpg
amberola A1  4804.jpg
amberola A1 4785.jpg
amberola A1  4786.jpg
Last edited by zonophpones7 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zonophpones7
Victor I

Re: For Sale: Amberola A1 Mahogany with M reproducer; $4500

Post by zonophpones7 »

I still have my all original Amberaola 1A available. I will consider reasonable offers. I had to move it to a "phonograph fee zone" so i am a motivated seller. To that end I have posted a You-Tube video of it playing a 4 minute cylinder of "Christ was Born on Christmas Morn" by the Cotton Top Mountain Sanctified Singers. It is a newly made reissue of a Brunswick 78 on Cylinder. I also have 6 of these available for sale and will be posting in another listing. please contact me at zonophone@woh.rr.com . link Below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly1-_rG ... video_user

zonophpones7
Victor I

Re: For Sale: Amberola A1 Mahogany with M reproducer; $3900

Post by zonophpones7 »

Asking price lowered to $3900......

Herman
Victor II

Re: For Sale: Amberola A1 Mahogany with M reproducer; $3900

Post by Herman »

zonophpones7 wrote:Asking price lowered to $3900......
Very reasonably priced ... Good luck

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: SOLD: Amberola A1 Mahogany with M reproducer; $3900

Post by Valecnik »

Thank you purchaser for removing the temptation. You got a very nice, very interesting machine. Congrats!

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: SOLD: Amberola A1 Mahogany with M reproducer; $3900

Post by marcapra »

I have a mission oak 1A for sale with a Diamond A reproducer and a gun metal motor board. Can deliver to APS show. Marc.