FOR SALE: Edison Standard Model B Late Transition Style $400

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Crank_it_up
Victor III

FOR SALE: Edison Standard Model B Late Transition Style $400

Post by Crank_it_up »

This is a rarely seen Edison Standard Model B in this configuration. It is a high serial number, 660041. It's a 2 minute only with a Model C reproducer. Now for the unusual parts. Most Model B's had single gold striping on the bedplate, this one has double striping like the later Model D had. Next is the location of the data plate, most B's were under the mandrel on the right side. Not this one, it's in the rear like a Model D. The best part is that it is unrestored and in great original condition. The motor is very clean and runs out quiet and strong. The finish on the oak case appears original and the striking grain on the front is unusual and very attractive. The crank is a super nice example and original of course. I am not including a horn at this price but can offer one if needed. Horns are easy to obtain. I am selling this for the price of a common machine and it's anything but common. Shipping will be in 2 separate cartons both carefully packed with quality packing material and high quality boxes. Shipping within the Continental US will be a flat rate of $60 east of the Mississippi and $75 west. If the rates turn out to be less than the quote I will refund the difference. If more, I will absorb it.
Attachments
IMG_1216.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1207.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG

Crank_it_up
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: Edison Standard Model B Late Transition Style

Post by Crank_it_up »

Price reduced to $400