For Sale: Really Great Records (Originals) - Various

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
donniej
Victor III

For Sale: Really Great Records (Originals) - Various

Post by donniej »

The following discs are available for sale. These are not the reproductions I sell, these are originals from my own collection. Feel free to make me an offer. Trades are also welcome. Shipping is $5 per order in the USA, insurance is optional and is extra.

Edison 51542 - "Charleston" and "Mamie". You know the disc, and you've probably always wanted it, I know I did. This copy has some edge flakes, but none near the grooves, NO delamination!! The Charleston side needs a slight nudge to find the lead-in groove but otherwise plays well. No scratches and the labels are in good shape. VG+ to E-. $250 OBO. I realize this is a lot of cash for a record and will offer a full refund if you're not happy with it (minus shipping).

***SOLD***Brunswick 2970 - "This Original Charleston" / "Sweet Man" (Isham Jones, both sides). VG+ to E-. $50.

***SOLD***Columbia 9100 - Personal Record Made Especially for Olds Motor Works - "In My Merry Oldsmobile" - Delamination crack on back (it's single sided), playing side is good. VG+. $30.

Edison DD "Let Us Not Forget" (Etched Label) - You know the disc, the only one with "the bosses" voice, recorded for public release. This one is in really great shape with not even any edge flakes. $100.

Edison 50227 (Paper Label) - "The Little Ford Rambled Right Along" (Billy Murray) / "Tip Top Tipperary Mary". This is a very clean disc, though the Ford side has some label damage. - $100.

***SOLD*** Edison 52630 - "Chinese Wedding Procession" / "On The Farm". This is a super-late DD and the sound quality is incredible. The composition is a matter of taste, some love it, some don't.... either way, it's an odd one!! SUPER CLEAN, E+ Labels are also super clean though they do have index stickers on them. $100.

***SOLD*** Sunset 1114 - "Charleston" / "I Miss My Swiss" - Carlyle Stevenson's Bon Ton Orchestra. E condition, Charleston side shows signs of delamination cracks under the label, but ONLY under the label. This one is both hot and super hard to find! I consider scheduling another psychiatrist appointment when I consider what I paid for this copy.... you can have it for a lot less at $100.

Bell 351 - "Charleston" / "Yes Sir That's My Baby" - Hollywood Ramblers. Two good sides, including what is IMO the most widely pressed version of "Charleston". It's well used at VG- to G+ but plays with lots of surface noise but no issues. $30.

***SOLD*** Victor 19671 - "Charleston" / Is there even another side of this disc? - Paul Whiteman - E condition with an edge flake developing on the Charleston side. $60.

Berliner 477Z - "Georgia Camp Meeting" - Banjo duet, Cullen & Collins. Copies of this disc are always well played, as this one is. The first 30 seconds have significant surface noise. No chips, cracks or other issues, just good-old-fashioned play wear. VG- to G+. $80.
Last edited by donniej on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Re: For Sale: Really Great Records (Originals) - Various

Post by Vinrage_mania »

PM on brunswick and columbia

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Sunset 1114 and Victor 19671 sold!
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

Those are some really good prices. I wish I would have seen this post earlier! :x

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

The list has been updated.