TRADE: Boxes of various 78s (Philly area; newbie-friendly)

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
CPBarnum
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Longtime music lover, Grafonola newbie

TRADE: Boxes of various 78s (Philly area; newbie-friendly)

Post by CPBarnum »

As a relative newcomer to the hobby, I've swiftly amassed several large collections. As I sort through them, sifting out the duplicates and the artists I don't want, I'm creating stacks of records that deserve a good home -- ideally, that of a relative newbie like me (not that the stacks are filled with post-WW2 junk, there are plenty of batwings and various oddities in there, but I would expect any seasoned collector to have already gone down this road). I've found a record store in my area that sells 78s, and they'd take my discards as a donation, but I'd love to find someone like me in the general area (within no more than, say, an hour's drive) who would like to have my discards or, better yet, with discards of their own to trade.

Cheers, gang -- happy hunting!

donniej
Victor III

Re: TRADE: Boxes of various 78s (Philly area; newbie-friendl

Post by donniej »

Hi,
I'm also in Philly and often have some spares to trade or give away. Where do you find 78's? I've only had luck at HHH Records and Philly Aids Thrift.

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Re: TRADE: Boxes of various 78s (Philly area; newbie-friendl

Post by travisgreyfox »

Beware of the record store donation. A lot of these record stores in my area (eastern part of the state) take 78s as donations then quickly scan through them for blues records and toss the rest in the dumpster.