FOR SALE: Aretino Cabinet, Motor, Turntable* -$300 OBO

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Pathe Logical
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: Aretino Cabinet, Motor, Turntable* -$300 OBO

Post by Pathe Logical »

Phonofreak wrote:There weren't any different models or variations of a front mount Aretino. They are all the same as the one shown.
Harvey Kravitz
There are actually at least two distinctly different front-mount models of the Aretino that I can think of, and the cabinets do look somewhat different from each other. Positions of the crank, start/stop, speed control, decal, etc. vary between the two different models (see below). Neither type of cabinet had corner columns though.

The more common front-mount model had a stationary turntable, and a reproducer and horn which physically moved across the record. This model had decorative "egg and dart" molding on top of the relatively plain base molding (see Fabrizio and Paul's The Talking Machine, An Illustrated Compendium 1877 - 1929, 2nd ed., p.137, fig.4-23).

The rarer variation had mechanical feed, a movable turntable which traversed under a stationary reproducer and horn (same reference, p. 138, fig. 4-28). This cabinet didn't have "egg and dart" molding.

Looks like George beat me posting again!

Bob

CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Post by CDBPDX »

Further digging through my stuff found this part of a reproducer, I think it is for this Aretino phonograph and will include it with the phonograph. If it isn't an Aretino reproducer, I will still include it.

Cliff
Attachments
ARETINO-Reproducer_1001.JPG
ARETINO-Reproducer_1002.JPG
ARETINO-Reproducer_1003.JPG
ARETINO-Reproducer_1004.JPG
ARETINO-Reproducer_1005.JPG
ARETINO-Reproducer_1007.JPG
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

This is the reproducer shell for the Aretino. This was also used for the Harmony and Busy Bee. It will need a needle bar, thumbscrew, and retaining ring to hold the diaphragm. These used an Aluminum one with a green tint.
Harvey Kravitz

CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Post by CDBPDX »

Phonofreak wrote:This is the reproducer shell for the Aretino. This was also used for the Harmony and Busy Bee. It will need a needle bar, thumbscrew, and retaining ring to hold the diaphragm. These used an Aluminum one with a green tint.
Harvey Kravitz
That's good to know. Thanks, Harvey, for the info! Cliff
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8