WANTED: 120rpm Pathé Discs

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
roaringtwenties
Victor Jr
Personal Text: "WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ELECTRICITY BILL" - Confusion (Not Confucius)

WANTED: 120rpm Pathé Discs

Post by roaringtwenties »

Greetings everyone!

I am looking for 120rpm Pathé Discs. No particular one, and I am only looking for one disc. I just want to have at least one Pathé in my record collection. Not to be rude to non-US readers reading this, I would prefer if you are in the USA, only because shipping is just much easier and less expensive. If you are from a non-US country, please do not be turned down by this I would still appreciate a pm, or reply down below.

Cheers!

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Re: WANTED: 120rpm Pathé Discs

Post by drh »

roaringtwenties wrote:Greetings everyone!

I am looking for 120rpm Pathé Discs. No particular one, and I am only looking for one disc. I just want to have at least one Pathé in my record collection. Not to be rude to non-US readers reading this, I would prefer if you are in the USA, only because shipping is just much easier and less expensive. If you are from a non-US country, please do not be turned down by this I would still appreciate a pm, or reply down below.

Cheers!
120 RPM Pathés are exotic--mainly the very large sizes, like 20". Meaning $$$$$. If you're looking just to have an example of Pathé, do you mean one of the etched label center start ones, which in sizes up to 14" ran (nominally) between 90 and 100? Those can be had much more economically.

If you really mean 120 RPM, here is an eBay listing that may be of interest. It claims to be a set of dubs from Pathé at 120 RPM, 16" size. I know nothing about the seller and have never seen anything similar, but don't believe that eyewash about "those little hairline cracks in three of the records will probably be inaudible"; as anyone who has ever played one knows, Pathés are very prone to such hairline cracks and, though practically invisible, they sound like gunshots, because Pathés are vertical cut.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-ultra-rare-1 ... 2368999289