Clean Out Sale

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Aaron
Victor II

Clean Out Sale

Post by Aaron »

Hey Everyone,

I've been loking to get ride of some of this stuff now for a while so i finally found some time to do it. Plus i could really use the money for the show next month.

Heres what i have:

I have a philco radio, and it might only be good for parts---no clue on the price so make me an offer

An edison shaving machine,all it needs it the shaver---looking for $150

and some what look like homemade cylinder holder pegs. theres 11 of them so im looking for $10

These price dont include shipping, and with the radio and the shaver, it might be better for me to bring them to Wayne with me and deliver them if you'll be there. But let me know and we could work out the shipping and maybe deal on the prices. I have pictures below. PM me with questions.

Aaron
Attachments
The shaver also came with no shavings drawer so i made one out of some nice oak
The shaver also came with no shavings drawer so i made one out of some nice oak
theres one missing piece of wood on the bottom of the shaver
theres one missing piece of wood on the bottom of the shaver
This is a repair done to the arm. My dads friend is a jeweler and used his laser solder to fix this
This is a repair done to the arm. My dads friend is a jeweler and used his laser solder to fix this
MVC-001S.JPG (34.79 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
Shaver Arm
Shaver Arm
MVC-004S.JPG (35.48 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
Shaver Decal
Shaver Decal
The shaver with the motor shown...P.S. all the parts move freely...the upper workings and the motor
The shaver with the motor shown...P.S. all the parts move freely...the upper workings and the motor
Radio
Radio
Pegs
Pegs

gregbogantz
Victor II

Re: Clean Out Sale

Post by gregbogantz »

Aaron, you don't mention it, but that Philco is also a phonograph. It's one of the famous Philco "slot player" phonos. They were made famous by Bing Crosby doing ads for them. Consequently, they are often referred to by radio collectors as the "Bing Crosby" model. Officially, the model first appeared in 1946 as the 46-1201 model. It plays 78rpm only. Philco continued to make variations on this model thru about 1949. Opening the small door in the front exposes the slot. You slide a record into the slot and close the door. The door mechanism moves the tonearm into play position. At the end of the record, the player shuts off. Opening the door raises the tonearm and allows the record to be extracted from the slot. The unit has automatic record size selection between 10 and 12 inch. These models are still fairly common, so they don't bring a high price. You can find them on eBay fairly often.
Collecting moss, radios and phonos in the mountains of WNC.

SignatureSeriesOwner
Victor II
Personal Text: VV-XVII, VV-XVI, VV-107, VV-IX's....

Post by SignatureSeriesOwner »

I'll offer $15 on the PHILCO if it still has the power cord (can't tell if the one pictured is the original, doesn't look like it) and it has it's tubes. Plus shipping, depending.
Saving America's Acoustical History, One Phonograph At A Time...

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

ill take more pictures tomorrow to include the cord, and the tubes, ill also look into shipping cost

Aaron

SignatureSeriesOwner
Victor II

Sounds good. Thank you.

My ZIP is 23883

SignatureSeriesOwner
Victor II

Any luck? :)