FOR SALE: Edison Long Play Console 1-C - $50/trade/free*

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
PeterF
Victor IV

FOR SALE: Edison Long Play Console 1-C - $50/trade/free*

Post by PeterF »

The Edison LP machines were poor sellers and so they do not turn up very often. This one is the smallest version, and has lost its doors and several other bits. The mechanism has lost its LP attachment but works.

Here are pictures of it, and I also will describe what is there, as well as provide a photo of a complete (and very nice) example found online elsewhere on this forum so everyone knows what we're talking about.

It's little for a console, and has carved trim and legs with stretcher that are in nice shape. The left side storage compartment is empty and has no door. The right side phonograph compartment also has no door, but has a diamond disc mechanism complete with smaller sized horn and mounting hardware, crank, and platter, but no reproducer. The LP parts are gone but it works fine. The crank escutcheon and reproducer holder are also gone.

Suggested use for this is as a super cheap means of playing Diamond Discs, or as a donor for a 1-C console that has trim and or legs that are missing or damaged.

*This machine is free for a new collector or kid, and for such a person also comes with a huge heavy stack of diamond discs...which will be maybe a bit boring but the price is real right.

Or if you have parts and stuff to get rid of and need this, let's trade.

This can be delivered to the CAPS show in LA in August and/or handed off to one of our roving phono colleagues for transportation to Union, etc. It is currently located here with me in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks for looking.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
IMG_7779.jpg
Not mine!  Just to show how it looks, and its size...the one on the right, of course.
Not mine! Just to show how it looks, and its size...the one on the right, of course.
IMG_7777.jpg
IMG_7778.jpg

PeterF
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: Edison Long Play Console 1-C - $50/trade/free

Post by PeterF »

Added pix!

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

Bump. This one might have to go out on the curb...

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

I'm a young collector, and I really appreciate that you're willing to do this to encourage more interest! I live across the country, but let's hope someone comes along.