FOR SALE: Brown & Black Wax Cylinders, lot of 15, $30 OBO

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

FOR SALE: Brown & Black Wax Cylinders, lot of 15, $30 OBO

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Hello ladies and gents!

I've got a bunch of old wax cylinders I found in an antique store. There are some extrememly early Gold Molded records in there with the flat rims, a couple with molded in titles, and two old brown wax records.

I have no way to safely play the brown wax without buying another reproducer, and even then they are rather moldy. The records were found in an antique cylinder record suitcase and the only two that weren't ruined were some Columbia Indestructibles--a Barn Dance and a Vess Ossman rag--which I'm hanging on to.

So you can either heat the black wax and shave them for blanks to record on (under a heatlamp) or try to preserve them, or use them for test records or melt down for new cylinder wax or whatever. Or you might have a way to find the original recordings.

I know one of them was Uncle Josh and the Lightning Rod Agent, and another was Hello Central, Give me Heaven...I think. Title sounded scratchier than anything I've played in a long time.

Let me know what you think. I just want them in the hands of a wax record diehard.

Record some bossa nova on them and give that to your wife next time she says she needs money for a Brazilian wax.