For Sale at Wayne: Records! - Various

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
donniej
Victor III

For Sale at Wayne: Records! - Various

Post by donniej »

This weekend at Wayne I'll be selling original discs on Saturday and reproductions on Sunday.

Saturday I'll have ~200 or so 1920's Fox Trots in ~E condition priced at $10 for 5 discs. There will also be a handful of cheap, good condition BA cylinders and lots of late teens to early 30's Victor catalogs. Some move valuable Columbia 14K & 15K series and Berliners will also be for sale.

Sunday I'll have an entirely new crop of reproduction discs or all sorts. These are all recent acquisitions and have were not available at prior shows...

5" Berliners
-#44 - Grandfathers Clock - Likely spoken by Emile Berliner himself
-#77 - Hohenfriedberger Marsch

Diamond Discs
-Charleston
-Black Bottom
-Sunny Skies
And Lots, Lots more!

Pathé (vertical cut, Euro market!) Finally something fun to play on these :lol:
-Charleston
-Black Bottom
-New Charleston
-Charleston Dolly

***NEW 78's***
These were cut to lacquer, 78rpm, standard groove by yours truly...
-"Mahogany Hall Stomp" - Blackbird Society Orchestra
-"Where Did You Sleep Last Night" - Joe Happy Pork Chop

More 78's
-Carrie Nation in Kansas
-Edison Needle Type - Singin in the Rain
-Hot Big $$$ blues discs

7" Berliner
-TWO different 1896 Giannini Operatic discs (Philadelphia!)
-Bronislaw Huberman (violin solo) (rare!)
-Cake Walk
-Ragtime
-Lots of Civil War to Rough Riders and Americana
-Pirated Berliners
Lots more!

Technological improvements for this year include having built a lathe specifically for Diamond Discs. This has allowed better control over attaining proper and consistent thickness. This will be the debut of my fifth major revision to my 78 "shellac compatible" formula. "Formula 5" has lower surface noise, lower friction and has significantly improved durability under a steel needle and even the heaviest of reproducers.
Pathé's have however presented their own challenges; and while currently viable, still in need of improvements in consistent thickness and elimination of air bubbles across their wide, thin surface.