FOR SALE: JAZZ, and stuff! Check these! VARIOUS

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

FOR SALE: JAZZ, and stuff! Check these! VARIOUS

Post by gramophone-georg »

'Tis autumn, and time for g-g to clean up around this dump, so here are some mid condition jazz rarities for your collection:

1. Oriole 2990, Benny Goodman Orch as "The Modernists", I'm Getting Sentimental Over You/ Solitude. Visual V due to scuffs and light scratches rather than wear. Benny Plays Tommy! $25 now $15

2. OKeh Electric 41192, Joe Venuti and his New Yorkers, That's The Good Old Sunny South, Weary River, V. Smith Ballew. $15 now $10

3. Brunswick 6242, Casa Loma Orch, Black Jazz/ Maniac's Ball, original 1932 release, V+, $20 now $10

4. Victor 21423, All Star Orch, Oh, Baby!/ Add A Little Wiggle, GREAT sides possibly w/ Dorseys, BG, others... look it up! Nat Shilkret was no slouch. V+ $10 SOLD

5. OKeh 41210, Dorsey Bros. Orchestra, Button Up Your Overcoat/ Mean to Me. Smith Ballew. V. $15 now $10

6. Melotone M-13404, Carol Lofner Orch, Give A Broken Heart A Break/ I'm Just An Ordinary Human. Carol Lofner was the Lofner of Lofner- Harris. Phil Harris went on to fame, Carol Lofner to relative obscurity. RARE. V+ to E-, $20 now $10

7. Victor V-38010, Jelly Roll Morton Red Hot Peppers, Kansas City Stomps/ Boogaboo. WOW. Not much more to say about this one. V to V- but a very worthy player. $25 now $15

8. Columbia 2055-D, Paul Specht Orch, I'm Sailing On A Sunbeam/ I'm Following You. Johnny Morris. Specht was one of the most underrated hot dance bands ever, and Sunbeam is a great bouncy tune with solos and ensembles galore. E-, $20 SOLD

9. OKeh Electric 8728, The Little Chocolate Dandies, That's How I Feel Today/ Six Or Seven Times. This is McKinney's Cotton Pickers doing two of their popular Victor hot jazz numbers slowed down and bluesy. Very brief rough start both sides, not to music. These versions are really tough to find. V to V+. $35 SOLD

10. Pathé Red Label "Splatter" 25202, Miss Lee Morse Blue Grass Boys, Jersey Walk / With All My Heart. E to E+. $25 SOLD

11. Bluebird B-7241, Frankie Reynolds Orch Oh, Lady Be Good (Barbara Lane)/ Boots And His Buddies, Ain't Misbehavin' (Cora Woods). Two great and rare territory band sides (North Carolina and Texas) on the same 1937 Staff pressing. Boots really swings, too. E, $25 SOLD

12.Columbia 2133-D, The Charleston Chasers, Cinderella Brown/ Sing, You Sinners. HOT sides with Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey all over 'em and great Roy Evans vocals. V+ to E-, plays great! $30 now $20

13. Victor 20751, Paul Whiteman Orch. Just Once Again/ I'm Coming Virginia. Red Nichols and Bing are here. V+, $15 SOLD

14. Columbia 2770-D (Royal Blue), Freddy Martin Orch, We're Together Again/ When The Sun Bids The Moon Goodnight, rare early Freddy from 1932. V++. $25 now $20

15. Brunswick 6600, Duke Ellington Famous Orch, Stormy Weather/ Sophisticated Lady, V, $15 now $5

16. Columbia 35666, Bix Beiderbecke and his Gang, Ol' Man River/ Wa-Da-Da. Gold print label pressing from set C-29, original OKeh stampers, E+, plays like a brand new OKeh! $15 now $10

17. Champion Electrograph 15913, Jack Stillman Orch (as Sid Maynard) Dream Lover/ If I'm Dreaming. Off Gennett Electrobeam, and Stillman's last session. Waltzes. V+, $10 SOLD

18. Champion 15130, College Serenaders (Nathan Glantz?) For My Sweetheart/ Hill Top In Orch (Royal Troubadors) I Love A Ukelele. Uncredited Vaughn De Leath vocal on "Uke". V+, great player, $15 SOLD

19. Vocalion 3450, Sharkey (Bonnano) and his Sharks of Rhythm, Give Me An Old Fashioned Swing/ Big Boy Blue. 1937 label, E. Great small band swing. $20 now $15

20. Vocalion 3470, Sharkey Sharks of Rhythm, Swing! Like A Rusty Gate/ Swingin' On The Swanee Shore. 1937- only "Full Range Recording" label. E-, $20 now $10

Pictures in a few minutes...
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: JAZZ, and stuff! Check these! VARIOUS

Post by Vinrage_mania »

9,10,17,18 pm sent
Last edited by Vinrage_mania on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Pics 1
Attachments
jazz and stuff 020.jpg
jazz and stuff 019.jpg
jazz and stuff 018.jpg
jazz and stuff 017.jpg
jazz and stuff 016.jpg
jazz and stuff 015.jpg
jazz and stuff 014.jpg
jazz and stuff 013.jpg

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

More pics
Attachments
jazz and stuff 012.jpg
jazz and stuff 011.jpg
jazz and stuff 010.jpg
jazz and stuff 009.jpg
jazz and stuff 008.jpg
jazz and stuff 007.jpg
jazz and stuff 006.jpg

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

And fini!
Attachments
jazz and stuff 004.jpg
jazz and stuff 003.jpg
jazz and stuff 002.jpg
jazz and stuff 001.jpg
jazz and stuff 005.jpg
jazz and stuff 006.jpg

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Vinrage_mania wrote:9,10,17,18 pm sent
Damn, what took you so long? :lol:

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

gramophone-georg wrote:
Vinrage_mania wrote:9,10,17,18 pm sent
Damn, what took you so long? :lol:
Been waiting for days for the pictures! :lol:

CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Post by CharliePhono »

#4, #8, #13, please. PM sent.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

New lower prices. See my other ad as well.