The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: FOUND: Transport Edison Radio for sale by DGPros to ChuckA.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 pm 
Victor I
Id doesn't hurt to ask.

DGPros has this item for sale in his listing:

5)Edison R-7 radio $100
as is, haven't tried to turn it on.

I live in Central Ohio and cannot make it to Wayne; as there is noone here to share the driving with.

I have asked him for photographs. If it is complete inside; would anyone be willing to get it from DGPros to ChuckA on that side of PA to restore electronically for me? I would, of course need to pay DGPros for it and would need to get the OK from ChuckA.

I have notified Chuck of my possible plan also and will let you know if the deal works out or not.

I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the transport I am asking. If I can get the radio and get it to Chuck; then I plan to send him a complete Edison C-2 turntable, motorboard tonarm and pickup to restore for me to play through it until I get my other complete C-2 radio phonograph to him to restore and finally find an original 3 KNOB Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph.

Thanks!
Mark Roberts

DONE AND DONE!

Last edited by marco on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: WANTED: Transport Edison Radio for sale by DGPros to Chu
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:19 am 
Victor I
marco wrote:
Id doesn't hurt to ask.

5)Edison R-7 radio $100

I live in Central Ohio and cannot make it to Wayne; as there is noone here to share the driving with.

I have asked him for photographs. If it is complete inside; would anyone be willing to get it from DGPros to ChuckA on that side of PA to restore electronically for me? I would, of course need to pay DGPros for it and would need to get the OK from ChuckA.

I have notified Chuck of my possible plan also and will let you know if the deal works out or not.

I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the transport I am asking. If I can get the radio and get it to Chuck; then I plan to send him a complete Edison C-2 turntable, motorboard tonearm and pickup to restore for me to play through it until I get my other complete C-2 radio phonograph to him to restore and finally find an original 3 KNOB Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph.

Thanks!
Mark Roberts

Keep your fingers crossed. One generous member referred me to another guy who is going to the Wayne Show on Saturday--then taking a couple of other things directly to ChuckA for repair.

Chuck gave me the OK; and I have let DGPros know that I want the radio if I hear back from this guy and he is willing to transport the radio for me.

Unfortunately Chuck will not be at Wayne this weekend; as he is recovering from knee surgery.

Thanks again!
Mark Roberts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:54 am 
Victor I
marco wrote:
marco wrote:
Id doesn't hurt to ask.

5)Edison R-7 radio $100

I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the transport I am asking. If I can get the radio and get it to Chuck; then I plan to send him a complete Edison C-2 turntable, motorboard tonearm and pickup to restore for me to play through it until I get my other complete C-2 radio phonograph to him to restore and finally find an original 3 KNOB Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph.

Thanks!
Mark Roberts

Keep your fingers crossed. One generous member referred me to another guy who is going to the Wayne Show on Saturday--then taking a couple of other things directly to ChuckA for repair.

Chuck gave me the OK; and I have let DGPros know that I want the radio if I hear back from this guy and he is willing to transport the radio for me.

Unfortunately Chuck will not be at Wayne this weekend; as he is recovering from knee surgery.

Thanks again!
Mark Roberts

Looks like everyone is "on board." Just waiting for information in order to connect everybody involved up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:25 pm 
Victor I
marco wrote:
marco wrote:
marco wrote:
Id doesn't hurt to ask.

5)Edison R-7 radio $100

Thanks!
Mark Roberts

Thanks again!
Mark Roberts

Looks like everyone is "on board." Just waiting for information in order to connect everybody involved up.

DONE AND DONE!!