The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: FOUND: Transport Edison Radio for sale by DGPros to ChuckA.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline
Victor I
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:23 pm
Posts: 141
Location: Navarre, Ohio
Id doesn't hurt to ask.

DGPros has this item for sale in his listing:

5)Edison R-7 radio $100
as is, haven't tried to turn it on.

I live in Central Ohio and cannot make it to Wayne; as there is noone here to share the driving with.

I have asked him for photographs. If it is complete inside; would anyone be willing to get it from DGPros to ChuckA on that side of PA to restore electronically for me? I would, of course need to pay DGPros for it and would need to get the OK from ChuckA.

I have notified Chuck of my possible plan also and will let you know if the deal works out or not.

I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the transport I am asking. If I can get the radio and get it to Chuck; then I plan to send him a complete Edison C-2 turntable, motorboard tonarm and pickup to restore for me to play through it until I get my other complete C-2 radio phonograph to him to restore and finally find an original 3 KNOB Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph.

Thanks!
Mark Roberts

DONE AND DONE!


Last edited by marco on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Transport Edison Radio for sale by DGPros to Chu
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline
Victor I
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:23 pm
Posts: 141
Location: Navarre, Ohio
marco wrote:
Id doesn't hurt to ask.

DGPros has this item for sale in his listing:

5)Edison R-7 radio $100
as is, haven't tried to turn it on.

I live in Central Ohio and cannot make it to Wayne; as there is noone here to share the driving with.

I have asked him for photographs. If it is complete inside; would anyone be willing to get it from DGPros to ChuckA on that side of PA to restore electronically for me? I would, of course need to pay DGPros for it and would need to get the OK from ChuckA.

I have notified Chuck of my possible plan also and will let you know if the deal works out or not.

I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the transport I am asking. If I can get the radio and get it to Chuck; then I plan to send him a complete Edison C-2 turntable, motorboard tonearm and pickup to restore for me to play through it until I get my other complete C-2 radio phonograph to him to restore and finally find an original 3 KNOB Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph.

Thanks!
Mark Roberts


Keep your fingers crossed. One generous member referred me to another guy who is going to the Wayne Show on Saturday--then taking a couple of other things directly to ChuckA for repair.

Chuck gave me the OK; and I have let DGPros know that I want the radio if I hear back from this guy and he is willing to transport the radio for me.

Unfortunately Chuck will not be at Wayne this weekend; as he is recovering from knee surgery.

Thanks again!
Mark Roberts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Transport Edison Radio for sale by DGPros to Chu
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline
Victor I
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:23 pm
Posts: 141
Location: Navarre, Ohio
marco wrote:
marco wrote:
Id doesn't hurt to ask.

DGPros has this item for sale in his listing:

5)Edison R-7 radio $100
as is, haven't tried to turn it on.

I live in Central Ohio and cannot make it to Wayne; as there is noone here to share the driving with.

I have asked him for photographs. If it is complete inside; would anyone be willing to get it from DGPros to ChuckA on that side of PA to restore electronically for me? I would, of course need to pay DGPros for it and would need to get the OK from ChuckA.

I have notified Chuck of my possible plan also and will let you know if the deal works out or not.

I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the transport I am asking. If I can get the radio and get it to Chuck; then I plan to send him a complete Edison C-2 turntable, motorboard tonearm and pickup to restore for me to play through it until I get my other complete C-2 radio phonograph to him to restore and finally find an original 3 KNOB Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph.

Thanks!
Mark Roberts


Keep your fingers crossed. One generous member referred me to another guy who is going to the Wayne Show on Saturday--then taking a couple of other things directly to ChuckA for repair.

Chuck gave me the OK; and I have let DGPros know that I want the radio if I hear back from this guy and he is willing to transport the radio for me.

Unfortunately Chuck will not be at Wayne this weekend; as he is recovering from knee surgery.

Thanks again!
Mark Roberts


Looks like everyone is "on board." Just waiting for information in order to connect everybody involved up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Transport Edison Radio for sale by DGPros to Chu
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline
Victor I
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:23 pm
Posts: 141
Location: Navarre, Ohio
marco wrote:
marco wrote:
marco wrote:
Id doesn't hurt to ask.

DGPros has this item for sale in his listing:

5)Edison R-7 radio $100
as is, haven't tried to turn it on.

I live in Central Ohio and cannot make it to Wayne; as there is noone here to share the driving with.

I have asked him for photographs. If it is complete inside; would anyone be willing to get it from DGPros to ChuckA on that side of PA to restore electronically for me? I would, of course need to pay DGPros for it and would need to get the OK from ChuckA.

I have notified Chuck of my possible plan also and will let you know if the deal works out or not.

I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the transport I am asking. If I can get the radio and get it to Chuck; then I plan to send him a complete Edison C-2 turntable, motorboard tonearm and pickup to restore for me to play through it until I get my other complete C-2 radio phonograph to him to restore and finally find an original 3 KNOB Edison C-4 Radio/Phonograph.

Thanks!
Mark Roberts


Keep your fingers crossed. One generous member referred me to another guy who is going to the Wayne Show on Saturday--then taking a couple of other things directly to ChuckA for repair.

Chuck gave me the OK; and I have let DGPros know that I want the radio if I hear back from this guy and he is willing to transport the radio for me.

Unfortunately Chuck will not be at Wayne this weekend; as he is recovering from knee surgery.

Thanks again!
Mark Roberts


Looks like everyone is "on board." Just waiting for information in order to connect everybody involved up.


DONE AND DONE!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], kirtley2012 and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.