The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: SOLD!: PRISTINE+Impossibly Rare:BUTTON UP OVERCOAT DD-$400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:09 pm 
Victor IV
I'm selling some of the finest records in my collection and this Edison Diamond Disc is surely one of the most sought after one.

This is ORIGINAL & PRISTINE. The incredibly rare Edison Diamond Disc #52513:

"BUTTON UP YOUR OVERCOAT" by Golden Gate Orchestra with wonderful vocals by "Happy" Jack Parker

-and-

"I WANT TO BE BAD" by Golden Gate Orchestra with wonderful vocals by "Happy" Jack Parker

I don't believe that you will find a nicer original example of this Edison Diamond Disc on the planet.

Here are BOTH sides played by me on my YouTube channel. I have played this record JUST ONCE and that one time was for these 2 videos:

(Double-click the video above or click this link to go to the video on YouTube.)

(Double-click the video above or click this link to go to the video on YouTube.)

PM with interest. Price is firm. Thanks.

Doug

Attachments:
IMG_3873.JPG
IMG_3873.JPG [ 5.42 MiB | Viewed 360 times ]
IMG_3874.JPG
IMG_3874.JPG [ 3.96 MiB | Viewed 362 times ]
IMG_3876.JPG
IMG_3876.JPG [ 3.96 MiB | Viewed 362 times ]
IMG_3875.JPG
IMG_3875.JPG [ 5.5 MiB | Viewed 362 times ]

Last edited by FellowCollector on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FOR SALE:PRISTINE+Impossibly Rare:BUTTON UP OVERCOAT DD-
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:32 pm 
Victor II
FellowCollector wrote:
I'm selling some of the finest records in my collection and this Edison Diamond Disc is surely one of the most sought after one.

This is ORIGINAL & PRISTINE. The incredibly rare Edison Diamond Disc #52513:

"BUTTON UP YOUR OVERCOAT" by Golden Gate Orchestra with wonderful vocals by "Happy" Jack Parker

-and-

"I WANT TO BE BAD" by Golden Gate Orchestra with wonderful vocals by "Happy" Jack Parker

I don't believe that you will find a nicer original example of this Edison Diamond Disc on the planet.

Here are BOTH sides played by me on my YouTube channel. I have played this record JUST ONCE and that one time was for these 2 videos:

PM with interest. Price is firm. Thanks.

Doug

PM Sent Again--Tentatively Sold. Mark

Post subject: Re: SOLD!: PRISTINE+Impossibly Rare:BUTTON UP OVERCOAT DD-$4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:13 am 
Victor IV
Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan
It sounds like Jack Parker rouges his lips and vamps the men and calls himself a lady! Obviously the lyrics were meant for some like Ermine Calloway who did record it for Edison. Years ago when I asked Uncle Vanya why didn't they slightly alter the lyrics so a man could sing it without sounding funny. He said in the early days when you sang a new hit song, you had to sing the lyrics as written for copyright reasons. Later they made allowances to alter the lyrics. Great sounding DD very well recorded. I think Edison was making the best sounding records in the late 20s, but few were buying them by then.