FOR SALE: 1929/other Columbia parts. PRICE VARIOUS

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

FOR SALE: 1929/other Columbia parts. PRICE VARIOUS

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

List of parts:

CRANK: Fits 153a VivaTonal Console, would work on many early lowboys. Email for dimensions. Price, $10
NEEDLE CUPS: I have two or three half-bowls for a Grafonola. Plating tarnished but sound. Yours for $10
MOTORBOARD SCREWS: For the British client brands of the 1920s. Brass finish with cup washer. Large lot for $5.
CRANK ESCUTCHEON: From 1924 Gilbert--would fit other brands, with screws. Price, $5

The good stuff!

PLANO-REFLEX TONE ARM: $20 without reproducer, $40 for No. 9 Viva Tonal reproducer & arm. Set up for automatic brakes. Fits 12" turntable. Comes with mounting base for no extra charge--everything you would need to put it on a bare piece of wood (or a gramophone that has been stripped.) Plating good, all needs restoration.

COLUMBIA METAL MOTOR BOARD: Comes with controls Start/Stop and an automatic brake. Would have had a Garrard clone (built for Columbia in the Garrard plant) attached. Made in 1929. Price, $5

12" STEEL TURNTABLE w. ORIGINAL FELT. Fits a late English-made Columbia Grafonola, but might work on other makes. Large steel turntable with nickel edge ring and center grommet, dark brown cloth in fair condition. Turns nice and even. Yours for $10. Plating on edge not perfect but better than no turntable.

The free bin!

1924-'25 Gilbert Geisha console cabinet, altered in 1980s. Free! I'll even deliver it if you're close enough and we can swap records and brag. Honestly, it would make a great homemade job, a records storage box, or put an induction motor in it, a tube amplifier, and an electric arm and build a 1930s Deco radiogram!

Or: Buy the whole mess for $40 and take it off my hands.

PM me with questions.

Ye mods! if this is too vague still please feel free to delete this post. While you are at it, you might also try deleting this franken-console from the corner of my room if it won't damage the Victor on top.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: FOR SALE: 1929/other Columbia parts. PRICE VARIOUS

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

UPDATE: This junk is still floating around.

I have the metal motorboard, the tonearm, the reproducer, and the crank all as a job lot for $30, free shipping to your door.