FOR SALE: Green oak Edison Standard A now w/ PICS--$325

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

FOR SALE: Green oak Edison Standard A now w/ PICS--$325

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Gentlemen, I'm selling my Edison green oak Standard. It's a pretty good machine--I bought it off the forum and have been running out of room so I decided it needs to find its way to a new collector.

It's in pretty decent original shape though there is some paint loss on the bedplate. Motor is all original and runs smoothly. I straightened the shaft for the lower pulley but haven't done the spring yet--still plays like two or three cylinders at a time.

Major flaws--I had to re-glue the bottom board because it was split in half. Also, the ends of the lid are wanting to separate out because they're 114 years old and need work. Other than that it's nice.

The reproducer is a vintage Model C with copper diaphragm, restored by our own Stephen D. Heatherley in 2010. It has a set of clear silicone tubes in it and while I have complained about the sound, that's probably because the motor is kind of noisy. I hooked it up to a large horn and it's got a fine sound.

Crank is a replica as is the feed-screw cover (not installed yet.) The belt is a Wyatt's Best Leather Belting in the World! and it does its job perfectly with a near-invisible joint.

Endgate latches smoothly, machine runs well--speed knob works great.

I'll add some pictures on request. 95% original, good running motor, excellent C reproducer, 14" black and brass replica horn, and new rubber footies.

Sounds good? Let me know. New collectors special right here.
Last edited by VanEpsFan1914 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cleveland1996
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: Green oak Edison Standard Model A, runs--$325

Post by cleveland1996 »

I would appreciate some pictures...You can send them directly to me if you prefer..

Thanks
Joe

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Sure, I'll send some. It's a nice machine with a great decal. I bought it from OrthoSean here on the Forum, actually...selling because I finally snagged a Fireside so it's time to thin the herd.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Here are some pictures! It's on sale at a local antique store a mile from the house but I'd rather see a Forum member collect it. Price is still $325 and if you're in the South, especially the Carolinas, I will help get it to you.
Attachments
DSCF1056.JPG
DSCF1055.JPG
DSCF1054.JPG
DSCF1053.JPG
DSCF1052.JPG
DSCF1051.JPG
DSCF1050.JPG
DSCF1049.JPG
DSCF1047.JPG
DSCF1046.JPG
DSCF1045.JPG