SOLD - Edison Diamond Disc Record Files - $20

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Polyphone
Victor II
Personal Text: There is a fine line between clever and stupid

SOLD - Edison Diamond Disc Record Files - $20

Post by Polyphone »

FOR SALE - Edison Diamond Disc "Record File". system The are ~30 of the heavy card stock brown record dividers plus the original instruction card. $20

$3 (First Class Mail Package) shipping in the USA, worldwide at cost. I will combine shipping on multiple orders.

Paypal Friends & Family to flaherka@gmail or…..

Check to:

Ken Flaherty
17166 Beechwood Ave.
Beverly Hills, MI 48025

Thank you,

Ken
248-312-8118
flaherka@gmail.com
Attachments
IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG

Polyphone
Victor II
Personal Text: There is a fine line between clever and stupid

Re: SOLD - Edison Diamond Disc Record Files - $20

Post by Polyphone »

SOLD

edisonplayer
Victor IV

Post by edisonplayer »

I'd like to find some DD record files.They'd tidy up my C-250.edisonplayer

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

edisonplayer wrote:I'd like to find some DD record files.They'd tidy up my C-250.edisonplayer
I'd like to commision replicas of mine to sell, but I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to make that happen.

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

fran604g wrote:
edisonplayer wrote:I'd like to find some DD record files.They'd tidy up my C-250.edisonplayer
I'd like to commision replicas of mine to sell, but I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to make that happen.

Best,
Fran
Hi Fran,

Maybe the APS could make these available for members as a group buy.

I will try to find someone in CA who could make them if we could get an indication of how many people here and elsewhere would be interested in buying them. I don't know if they are in different sizes but the C250 and C19 drawer models could be made using yours as a template.

Any ideas?

Merry Christmas,

John

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

billybob62 wrote:
fran604g wrote:

Best,
Fran
Hi Fran,

Maybe the APS could make these available for members as a group buy.

I will try to find someone in CA who could make them if we could get an indication of how many people here and elsewhere would be interested in buying them. I don't know if they are in different sizes but the C250 and C19 drawer models could be made using yours as a template.

Any ideas?

Merry Christmas,

John

there are at least a couple different designs of these.
- A-250 probably also fits B-250 & C-250
- W-250 & possibly other models.

To complicate things a bit more those designed for the A-250 are cut differently for the top and bottom drawer and are not interchangeable between drawers.

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Valecnik wrote: there are at least a couple different designs of these.

To complicate things a bit more those designed for the A-250 are cut differently for the top and bottom drawer and are not interchangeable between drawers.
Right Bruce, and presumably (on my part), that may have changed for the later A250 (5-compartment drawer) cabinets? It seems the A250 was produced with every conceivable drawer idea they could come up with. :?

The later 5-compartment A250 drawer design was similar (if not identical) to the B250's it seems, and apparently this 5-compartment drawer design carried over to the C250 and earliest C19 drawer construction.

Just between the OP's files in this post, and mine, there are definitely 2 variations, apparently for 2 different models? Add in the A250 and B250, and things have really gotten confusing. I'm not sure we even know who marketed these, and whether they were a product supplied by the factory or jobbers, or dealers, or 3rd (or 4th) party mail order, or what. Or maybe all of the above.

My thought is a professional printer would have to be involved, and the heavy paper would need to be custom produced for authenticity. Then the numbers would need to be printed onto the individual dividers. Remember - there are "lefts and rights" for them. I suppose some kind of laminating would be necessary to make them durable, and then cutting them to the correct size and shape would be another concern. The bottom of the files for the Chippendale have a protrusion that fits down in between the drawer slider/record supports.

I'm not sure anyone would want to cut a few thousand of these by hand, and there are 2 sets of 50 required for a Chippendale. That means a die cutting company should also need to be involved. :|

Given the number of Chippendales in the world, I'm certain there would be sufficient interest for marketing the repros, but whether a saleable price tag would offset expenses related to creating and manufacturing them - well, I don't know.

Is anyone here in the good graces of a production printing company who can handle design, printing and die cutting? Or does anyone have a better solution for producing these for the Chippendale to get the ball rolling? Maybe if that works it would be feasible to pursue other models?

Best,
Fran
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

fran604g wrote:
Valecnik wrote: there are at least a couple different designs of these.

Right Bruce, and presumably (on my part), that may have changed for the later A250 (5-compartment drawer) cabinets? It seems the A250 was produced with every conceivable drawer idea they could come up with. :?

The later 5-compartment A250 drawer design was similar (if not identical) to the B250's it seems, and apparently this 5-compartment drawer design carried over to the C250 and earliest C19 drawer construction.

Just between the OP's files in this post, and mine, there are definitely 2 variations, apparently for 2 different models? Add in the A250 and B250, and things have really gotten confusing. I'm not sure we even know who marketed these, and whether they were a product supplied by the factory or jobbers, or dealers, or 3rd (or 4th) party mail order, or what. Or maybe all of the above.

My thought is a professional printer would have to be involved, and the heavy paper would need to be custom produced for authenticity. Then the numbers would need to be printed onto the individual dividers. Remember - there are "lefts and rights" for them. I suppose some kind of laminating would be necessary to make them durable, and then cutting them to the correct size and shape would be another concern. The bottom of the files for the Chippendale have a protrusion that fits down in between the drawer slider/record supports.

I'm not sure anyone would want to cut a few thousand of these by hand, and there are 2 sets of 50 required for a Chippendale. That means a die cutting company should also need to be involved. :|

Given the number of Chippendales in the world, I'm certain there would be sufficient interest for marketing the repros, but whether a saleable price tag would offset expenses related to creating and manufacturing them - well, I don't know.

Is anyone here in the good graces of a production printing company who can handle design, printing and die cutting? Or does anyone have a better solution for producing these for the Chippendale to get the ball rolling? Maybe if that works it would be feasible to pursue other models?

Best,
Fran

Hi Fran,
What about the company which prints our magazine?

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

I have no idea John, and frankly I'm sure the APS board probably doesn't need to take on one more project. :)

Best,
Fran