WANTED: 28,000 Series Grand Opera & Concert Box/Lid --- Blue

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Pathe Logical
Victor II

WANTED: 28,000 Series Grand Opera & Concert Box/Lid --- Blue

Post by Pathe Logical »

A friend of mine is looking for an Edison cylinder box & lid for a 28,000 series grand opera and concert cylinder. The box would be dark blue with just the word "Edison" in gold script on the body of the box (see box pictured at far right in the image below). Any excellent/displayable condition box like this with a lid will do --- and lid for number 28,199 would be ideal.

Please contact Bob Bury (not me!) directly at robertbury@att.net or 314-862-7259 with price and other particulars.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
WANTED: Dark Blue 28,000 series box/lid with "Edison" in gold script --- like the box at far right.
WANTED: Dark Blue 28,000 series box/lid with "Edison" in gold script --- like the box at far right.

Pathe Logical
Victor II

Re: WANTED: 28,000 Series Grand Opera & Concert Box/Lid ---

Post by Pathe Logical »

Bump. Still looking!

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

So does he just want any 28000 series box and lid, but not necessarily the record to match? And he already has record 28199, but with no box and/or lid?

Pathe Logical
Victor II

Post by Pathe Logical »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the inquiry! I think he would be happy with any empty box and lid as described above. He already has record 28199, but with no box or lid. He may well be interested in purchasing any 28,000 series cylinder with matching box & lid for a 28,000 series grand opera and concert cylinder.

It would be best to contact Bob Bury directly (see original post for contact info.) with anything you might have.

Thanks!

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

Pathé Logical wrote:A friend of mine is looking for an Edison cylinder box & lid for a 28,000 series grand opera and concert cylinder. The box would be dark blue with just the word "Edison" in gold script on the body of the box (see box pictured at far right in the image below). Any excellent/displayable condition box like this with a lid will do --- and lid for number 28,199 would be ideal.

Please contact Bob Bury (not me!) directly at robertbury@att.net or 314-862-7259 with price and other particulars.

Thanks for your help!
Tell you friend that a simple EBAY search will turn up several Concert Cylinders--both 4 minute wax and blue amberols. Boxes with lids; but all of them still have their records. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... _PrefLoc=2

MTPhono
Victor III

Post by MTPhono »

Any idea why there is a "Knotts Berry Farm" stamp on the BA (bottom left)? Did they have a cylinder collection at one time?

john9ten
Victor II

Post by john9ten »

MTPhono wrote:Any idea why there is a "Knotts Berry Farm" stamp on the BA (bottom left)? Did they have a cylinder collection at one time?
There was a very large collection of cylinders at Knott's Berry Farm, along with phonographs and other musical machines. I gather that the collection was sold off. Somewhere I think I have a box with the Knott's Berry Farm stamp.

john9ten
Victor II

Post by john9ten »

I have a nice one available with the record and paper label on the box bottom. I have contacted your friend. Here are pics!

Thanks

John Robles
Attachments
b2.jpg
b1.jpg
b3.jpg
b4.jpg

Pathe Logical
Victor II

Post by Pathe Logical »

Hi John,

Thanks for contacting Bob Bury directly --- I really appreciate it!

Recordially yours,
Bob Coon