FOR SALE: Victor I Brass Bell Horn & Elbow - $200

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

FOR SALE: Victor I Brass Bell Horn & Elbow - $200

Post by FellowCollector »

The small original Victor rear mount elbows and brass bell horns are really hard to find. This set will need some repair and TLC but for the right person I think this will be well worth the time and effort.

Someone long ago was apparently uncomfortable with securing their Victor I brass bell horn by the single original Victor rivet alone (or maybe the original rivet came out). So they drilled 2 small holes into the elbow and the horn and inserted 2 copper rivets instead.

Later on someone else tried to remove (one of) the copper rivet heads presumably to return the set back to their original separate parts. They must've said to heck with this nonsense and left a small slice into one copper rivet.

Anyway, someone handy with a Dremel or skillful with a drill or bench grinder should be able to separate the elbow from the horn.

Aside from the 2 small holes through the elbow and the horn both parts look pretty good and if you can live with the 2 holes in them I think you'll be happy.

The black cone section of the horn has some small dings but overall it looks pretty good! The brass bell has lots of little dings but I'm confident that the horn can be rolled out and look pretty good.

I see no cracks in the horn and I see no holes other than the 2 drilled holes. There's some rust on the inside of the horn but overall the horn and the elbow looks pretty good.

I've included quite a few pictures. The horn measures about 16" long (with elbow). Horn bell diameter is 9 ¼". Elbow opening at small end is about 1 3/16".

Please send a PM with interest. Shipping will be extra and at cost. I package my items very securely.

Thanks!

Doug
Attachments
IMG_4033.JPG
IMG_4034.JPG
IMG_4035.JPG
IMG_4036.JPG
IMG_4037.JPG
IMG_4038.JPG
IMG_4039.JPG
IMG_4040.JPG
IMG_4041.JPG