FOR SALE: Edison Standard Phonograph Model F - $450

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

FOR SALE: Edison Standard Phonograph Model F - $450

Post by FellowCollector »

Scarce Edison Standard Model F. This model has 2/4 minute gearing and both gear settings work very nicely.

This phonograph does have some issues and I'll do my best to describe them below.

Please accept that I'm offering this phonograph just as I found it and just as I bought it; with its good and its not so good attributes as follows:

First the good:
This phonograph cranks up and plays crisp and clear.
See and hear it playing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQR7vGeCi5A

The motor, top works with stamped model 'F' ID plate including the unique and unusual horizontal model F carriage and crank are completely original. The bed plate striping is pretty nice. The 4 minute model H reproducer has been rebuilt and adjusted for excellent sound.

The not so good:
There is no lid, no gear cover and no horn. The cabinet finish is pretty well shot, there's no cabinet decal and it has not been drilled for a Cygnet horn so it's likely an Edison Standard model D cabinet. The cabinet bottom board has a split. The bed plate screws are modern replacements. The reproducer is a 4-minute model H instead of the factory issued model S. There is some corrosion on the cast bed plate but not severe. There are no hinges for the bed plate frame so the entire works can be lifted up and out of the cabinet.

PM with interest. I package very securely. USPS shipping cost will be additional and at cost. I will package this in a new heavy duty box with new packing peanuts and new bubble wrap at my cost. Since I don't have this packaged I will provide a close estimate of the USPS shipping cost and any shipping cost overpayment will be promptly refunded through Paypal. The USPS tracking number will also be provided after the package is shipped.

I grabbed the ratty looking horn seen in the video because it was handy. :oops: If you would like it included we can work out a deal. ;)

Thanks!

Doug
Attachments
IMG_4057.JPG
IMG_4061.JPG
IMG_4060.JPG
IMG_4059.JPG
IMG_4062.JPG
IMG_4063.JPG