FOR SALE: Adapter for Aretino Records - $58.00 - SOLD

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
AudioAntique
Victor II
Personal Text: "There is always a way to do it better....find it" Thomas Edison

FOR SALE: Adapter for Aretino Records - $58.00 - SOLD

Post by AudioAntique »

For sale is a well made cast brass with nickel trim for Aretino records. Price includes priority shipping to a USA address only. Check or PayPal (friends & family) accepted.
Thanks for looking.
Rob
nipper@dataex.com
Attachments
20181215_133747-1-LR.jpg
20181215_133804-1-LR.jpg
20181215_133832-LR.jpg
20181215_134604-LR.jpg
Last edited by AudioAntique on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.audioantique.com - Books featuring: Hearthstone Historic House Museum, Nipper Collectibles, Nipper items, Phonograph Dolls & Toys; Items for sale.

Bruce
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: Adapter for Aretino Records - $58.00

Post by Bruce »

pm sent

Bruce

phonopal
Victor Jr

Re: FOR SALE: Adapter for Aretino Records - $58.00 - SOLD

Post by phonopal »

Would anyone else happen to have one of these available for sale right now? Thanks!

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

That could be 3D scanned and 3D printed with no problem... It doesn't have to be cast brass. In fact, since it is a 3" diameter hole in an Aretino record, you could easily make one from a piece of plexiglass cut out with a 3" hole saw and an electric drill, easier than 3D printing... not as classy as cast brass, but functional...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

If I had one to copy it could be made in brass easily enough.

phonopal
Victor Jr

Post by phonopal »

An exact replica in brass would indeed be nice. I was although surprised to notice how loosely the Aretino record seems to fit around the original adapter. Still, it would be great to find an original one (or an exact replica) of these for display!

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Curt A »

I know that originals are out there, but in the past 40 years, this is the only one I have seen for sale and this sold fast... Not to say one won't show up tomorrow, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until recently, I haven't seen that many Aretino records for sale, either... That being said, I may not have been "in the right place at the right time"... So, maybe whoever bought this wouldn't mind making repros...

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Curt A »

phonopal wrote:An exact replica in brass would indeed be nice. I was although surprised to notice how loosely the Aretino record seems to fit around the original adapter. Still, it would be great to find an original one (or an exact replica) of these for display!
The problem with making exact replicas in brass is the initial setup cost to get them cast, coupled with an infinitesimally small market for reselling them, you would probably lose money attempting to do this... The other problem is finding an original to copy or finding someone to lend you one to copy... I haven't found anyone willing to make reproductions of anything for zero profit... collecting is not a charitable cause to distribute goodwill for all...

That's why if you want to collect and play Aretino records, buy an Aretino machine or make your own cheap adapter, since it does not have to be brass to work...

My Wife

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Curt A wrote:That could be 3D scanned and 3D printed with no problem... It doesn't have to be cast brass. In fact, since it is a 3" diameter hole in an Aretino record, you could easily make one from a piece of plexiglass cut out with a 3" hole saw and an electric drill, easier than 3D printing... not as classy as cast brass, but functional...
I made and sold adapters for the Seeburg 1000 background music discs. I had 50 made and sold them in pairs. It took me several months to sell the 25 sets and I made virtually nothing on them.