TRADE: Standard 2&4 Minute Gearing - Inquire

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

TRADE: Standard 2&4 Minute Gearing - Inquire

Post by Jerry B. »

I recently sold the machine that I take to schools for recording. I also recently purchased this 2&4 minute Edison Standard B. I thought I'd restore this Standard and use it as my school recording & demonstration machine. I only need a two minute machine for recording. My machine is missing the crank and needs a new decal. My offer is to trade my 2&4 minute parts for your 2 minute parts plus a reproduction Ron Sitko crank and a Gregg Cline "Edison Standard Phonograph" banner decal. I have everything except the 4-min H reproducer to make your Standard a 2&4 minute player.

My preference would be for one of our newer members to take advantage of this offer. There must be someone that has only a two minute Standard that would love to make the switch. It is not difficult and it makes your machine much more versatile at the cost of a reproduction threaded Edison crank and a good decal.

Please PM with any interest or questions.

Jerry Blais
Attachments
IMG_3002.JPG
IMG_2992.JPG
IMG_2986.JPG
IMG_2985.JPG
IMG_2984.JPG

long_island_phono
Victor II

Re: TRADE: Standard 2&4 Minute Gearing - Inquire

Post by long_island_phono »

Jerry B. wrote:I recently sold the machine that I take to schools for recording. I also recently purchased this 2&4 minute Edison Standard B. I thought I'd restore this Standard and use it as my school recording & demonstration machine. I only need a two minute machine for recording. My machine is missing the crank and needs a new decal. My offer is to trade my 2&4 minute parts for your 2 minute parts plus a reproduction Ron Sitko crank and a Gregg Cline "Edison Standard Phonograph" banner decal. I have everything except the 4-min H reproducer to make your Standard a 2&4 minute player.

My preference would be for one of our newer members to take advantage of this offer. There must be someone that has only a two minute Standard that would love to make the switch. It is not difficult and it makes your machine much more versatile at the cost of a reproduction threaded Edison crank and a good decal.

Please PM with any interest or questions.

Jerry Blais
Jerry, don’t forget to also include the “headless” set screw for the long mandrel bearing. That is specific to the 2/4 gearing set. The stock round head screw for the 2-minute end bearing would not work with the gear cluster.

-Jake