FOUND-Book- Edison Disc Artists & Records 1910-1929 2nd Ed.

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
marco
Victor II

FOUND-Book- Edison Disc Artists & Records 1910-1929 2nd Ed.

Post by marco »

Hello all!

Had another problem in my 1880 farmhouse. Water line broke upstairs and leaked through the floor and directly onto my remaining phonograph books downstairs in my dining room. There is no salvaging any of them; so I am going to ask if any of you has extra copies couple at a time.

This is one of my favorites; as it covers a lot of late issue Diamond Discs, and Edison Needle Types along with the entire Long Play Series. Mine is ruined and stuck together.

I have the soft cover addition that I purchased in 1982 for $9.96 from the EASTERN NAT'L PARK & MONUMENT ASSOC; meaning that I purchased it at the Edison National Historic Site in West Orange, N.J. on my first trip there when I was 19.

Would like a second edition in decent condition. Hard cover if one exists. I know that the price has appreciated considerally since my initial purchase; but I would love to replace this first.

The second book that I would like to replace is the one that has nearly all of the labels for the paper label Diamond Discs that can be scanned, enlarged and used to make labels for my records that lack them. That book is so destroyed that I can't even get the title or author; but everyone probably knows what I mean.

Would appreciate any help or leads.

Thanks!
Mark Roberts
Navarre, Ohio

PM or e-maile to: ernestglen@outlook.com

Found this Book, The 4 Volume Edison Label Book and The Two Volume Edison Disc Records Numeric Books. Now I am all set to ID, date and label all of my label-less Diamond Discs and update my want list with the known last releases on Diamond Disc--Edison Needle Type Laterals and Edison Long Plays.
Last edited by marco on Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: WANTED-Book- Edison Disc Artists & Records 1910-1929 2nd

Post by marcapra »

Edison Disc Artists & Records 1910-1929 2nd Ed. I think this book is by Ron Dethlefson, isn't it? I have a copy somewhere and I know why you want it. I had to pay a lot for it as I bought it just a couple of years ago. I like it because it gives me a title reference that I use in cross referencing to the Edison Disc Recordings by Raymond Wile Parts 1 and 2 c.1978. Those are hard to find books also! But unfortunately, no extra copies at hand. Good luck! Marc.

Last bumped by marco on Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:19 pm.