FOR SALE: Columbia & Client hornless parts! NOW $5 EACH

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

FOR SALE: Columbia & Client hornless parts! NOW $5 EACH

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Step right up and test your willpower! Hope you have that. I don't have enough Won'tpower.

I hope no one is mad that I parted out a machine, but someone else had gotten to it before I did and "lifted" its crank, turntable, control lever, motor, diaphragm, needle bar, and motorboard.

I salvaged the tonearm and a couple bolts and now, before the landfill beckons, I'm putting all the good parts up for you guys to look at.

EDIT: The machine is an Oxford BZ built by Columbia. Thanks to Harvey Kravitz for his insight. The parts should fit many similar machines of the 1910s.

CASE CORNER COLUMNS: These go on a lot of "Harmony" and "United" Talking Machines, I think, as well as on hornless Grafonolas such as the ones in the pictures here. Neatly fluted, beautiful turnings...original finish still will clean up nicely.

YOUR PRICE: $12 EACH or $28 for the set of three.

WOODGRAIN METAL HORN: Paint at 70%, but retains original green felt seals to keep the tin edges from vibrating against the grill. A very nice part...if you need it nothing else will do. PRICE: $20 NEW PRICE $5

BASEBOARD: This cabinet base might fit a bunch of Columbia machines. The veneer is starting to lift on one side but will work out easily if clamped down. Paper data tag is missing. PRICE: $5

CRANK ESCUTCHEON: Same as used on the BN Disc Graphophone, likely many others. Comes with screws. Nickel plating, beginning to rust/fade...will arrive polished. PRICE: $12SOLD!

WOODEN CASE SIDES: Quartersawn oak. Get one, the back, or the other side, your choice for $5 each, or all three for $10.

BACK BRACKET: Used on lidless Grafonolas as well. Good paint, comes with two mounting screws. Gold stenciling in very nice shape, should clean up very nicely. YOURS for $10.NOW $5

IRON BACK PLATES: Holds up the back bracket. Like the elastic in one's drawers, it keeps things from pulling loose and falling. Rusty price $3, cleaned, derusted and blued; $5

OR Get the whole parts machine for $15.

Here's to good restoring!

Charles F.
Attachments
The parts machine was used as a tonearm donor for the other complete Grafonola. I still have no idea what the model name is!
The parts machine was used as a tonearm donor for the other complete Grafonola. I still have no idea what the model name is!
Baseboard
Baseboard
Horn
Horn
Corner columns.
Corner columns.