SOLD: BK Graphophone (Altered for performance) $350 OBO

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Hello ladies and germs--

I hate to do it, but my room is starting to look like a barn sale. I'm selling my BK Graphophone, 2 minute only with a double-spring motor, probably a 1906 or 1907 model based on my research and guesswork.

This is your chance to hear this wonderfully upgraded, compact, and powerful graphophone--if it doesn't sell here, I will be putting it on eBay at a slightly higher price!

THE UPGRADES:
Cline decals
Amberola 30 diaphragm center on Lyric micas, shortened stylus linkage, LOUD and CLEAR reproduction.
14" brass horn
Topcoated with shellac on cabinet finish to preserve dealer decals & seal Cline decals
Motor gear train cleaned, oiled, & adjusted
New Wyatt Markus belt.
New rubber feet.

The PROBLEMS:
No crank escutcheon
Two dents in lid
I haven't cleaned the lid much
Hate to sell it.

Anyway, there you go. I have pictures but I also have a JOB, and uploading more than a few will be tough before I can get to work. I have it at $400 but if you want to go cheapskate on me I might just accomodate you.
Cheers!

Charles F.
Attachments
DSCN5593.JPG
Last edited by VanEpsFan1914 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: BK Graphophone (Altered for performance) $400

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Bump.

Still for sale, still sounds awesome, I'm starting to think about being more flexible with price!

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: BK Graphophone (Altered for performance) $400

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

And one more BUMP again! I'm going to post this machine on eBay soon so if any collectors want this, feel free to offer.

Go ahead and ask, I am now able to get some good pictures.

If you don't put the lid with the machine, it's ready to go on the table & use. If you need to have the lid with it...well, there's a little woodworking to do, but other than that it should be fine.

It's a nice 2-minute cylinder player that, with a big horn on it, sounds more like a 1910s Victrola. What else could you want--(Other than an Edison decal on the case, of course. Everyone loves an Edison machine.)

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Update. The BK sold to a collector up in its native New York State, who absolutely adores it. Happy endings!