FOR SALE: MORE Machines coming to Orlando Show. Various

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
fonograph
Victor II

FOR SALE: MORE Machines coming to Orlando Show. Various

Post by fonograph »

Here are some machines that we are bringing to the Orlando show.

I guess you could say it's "Free Shipping"

1. Victor MS. Sometimes called an oak 4. These machines came right after the rigid arm. The elbow is made from two pieces and has pins instead of the conventional raised mount. My friend used to say "that's the way you like to find 'em". Original, in good condition and never messed with. Everything original here except one of the 3 springs was replaced. The other two remaining springs were greased and the machine plays like new. The early brass gear machines are somewhat noisy, but this one is unusually quiet. This machine doesn't need anything, comes ready to play. Also comes with early two piece pin elbow and spring loaded reproducer. $ 2100

2. Zonophone Concert Grand. This is nice machine too. It has a new mainspring and can easily play 1 ½ 10" records. The 24" horn is in pretty good original condition with some bends/dents near the elbow. The bell is very presentable but does have some minor dents. Mr Duffy could do wonders with this horn!! The tone arm is a Smiths repo and I don't have a concert V, but Justin has those for sale. Currently has a modified exhibition. $ 850

3. Victor Model C. These are pretty rare machines and don't turn up that often all original (even the elbow). This machine could be dramatically improved by a little elbow grease. The pictures tell the story, but there are two points to mention: The concert reproducer has a hairline crack, however it's been rebuilt and it DOES NOT effect play or sound at all, just cosmetic. The horn on this one does not have a ridge where the brass bell joins the body of the horn. It just slides over the body and is held in place with friction I guess. I put a small amount of glue to hold it in place and the bell has been rolled out but NOT POLISHED. I didn't paint the horn. I've never seen a horn like this one, but it did come with the machine so (I assume) it's original Victor factory equipment. I do have another brass bell horn that I would swap out if this is a concern. $ 1850

If you have any questions or want additional pictures just let me know.
I'll post some more things as I have the time.....Bob from NC
Attachments
MS1.jpg
MS1.jpg (29.01 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
MS2.jpg
MS2.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
ms3.jpg
ms3.jpg (29.29 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
ms4.jpg
ms4.jpg (33.65 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
ms5.jpg
ms5.jpg (38.69 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
ms6.jpg
ms6.jpg (35.35 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
z6.jpg
z5.jpg
z4.jpg
z3.jpg
z2.jpg
z1.jpg
z7.jpg
z8.jpg
z9.jpg
c1.jpg
c2.jpg
c3.jpg
c4.jpg
c5.jpg
c6.jpg
c7.jpg
Last edited by fonograph on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

long_island_phono
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: Machines coming to Orlando Show. Various

Post by long_island_phono »

[quote="fonograph"]

1. Victor MS. Sometimes called an oak 4. These machines came right after the rigid arm. [quote=“fonograph”]

A correction needs to me made here to avoid confusion for potential customers. This machine did not come out right after the rigid arm, rather the ornate MS cabinet continued with the taper tube arm until, I believe, 1905/6, when the Victor nomenclature swiched from letters to numerals and the cabinet styling was simplified. There was a brief crossover period where new cabinet styles and old nomenclature intermingled. I’ve owned a few Oak MS machines in IV cabinets and have run across a few Victor D’s in what we know as V cabinets. Vic M’s became III’s, E’s became II’s, R’s I’s, I believe.

-Jake

PeteLeoni
Victor I
Personal Text: I know nothing (yet) help!

Re: FOR SALE: Machines coming to Orlando Show. Various

Post by PeteLeoni »

Hi Fonograph I pm'you regarding Fern-o-grand. Thanks

fonograph
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: MORE Machines coming to Orlando Show. Various

Post by fonograph »

MORE - Stuff coming to Orlando.

Oak Herzog half barrel cylinder cabinet. These were made in NC about 20 years ago (almost antique) and are excellent reproductions of the originals. They sold for $1200 at that time. Needs the cardboard pegs for the cylinders. $ 400.

Silvertone childs phonograph - This is about as cute as it can be. It's about ¾ the size of a standard upright and plays really well. I personally like silvertone. It has decals on it that look just like inlay. It comes with the original instructions, the Edison/Pathé attachment and 3 silvertone record albums. $ 325

PENDING - Victor P2 - This is a premium machine that was given away to customers, so not many of these survived. This particular example is among the best I've seen. The wood grain is just spectacular (don't think it's oak..maybe ash or chestnut)It has all of it's original parts except the tone arm piece that hold the reproducer is a repo. Correct exhibition, crank, elbow and one of the best original horns I've seen. $ 900
Attachments
h1.jpg
h2.jpg
h3.jpg
s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s3.jpg
s4.jpg
s5.jpg
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
p5.jpg
p6.jpg
Last edited by fonograph on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Hi fonophone,
I PM'd you about the half barrel
Abe

fonograph
Victor II

Post by fonograph »

I still have the Vic MS (Oak IV) and the little silvertone for sale. I can deliver to Orlando Show in January or you can pick up in NC area. Thanks, Bob

Prices updated : MS is now $1600 and the Silvertone is $200

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Sent you a PM
Abe