FOR SALE - Busy Bee QUEEN BEE Phonograph - $1200

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Phonomark
Victor II

FOR SALE - Busy Bee QUEEN BEE Phonograph - $1200

Post by Phonomark »

For your consideration, here is a pretty rare Busy Bee QUEEN BEE cylinder machine. It's more often that you will find an open works key-wind style Busy Bee (like the Columbia Q), but the Queen Bee is seldom seen.

If you are new to the Busy Bee line of phonographs, these are Columbia client machines marketed by the O'Neill & James Company of Chicago, except that the cylinder mandrel is slightly larger in diameter so that only Busy Bee records can be played on the machine. An Edison or Columbia cylinder won't fit and conversely a Busy Bee record is loosy goosy on an Edison or Columbia machine.

As you can see by the photos, it is in excellent unrestored condition with original case finish and decal. The original bedplate finish is really nice except that the one decal under the mandrel has been rubbed off. The machine's nickel plating on all of the parts is remarkable with virtually no pitting or wear. The only exception is the crank finish (which is mostly gone). Even the original 2-minute reproducer sports the original stepped diaphragm and has a nice stylus. The machine runs perfectly. No horn however.

The photos tell the story...this is a very nice machine and would be a great addition to your cylinder machine collection. I have more photos of the motor, bottom, etc. Just ask.

I am including in the sale a Busy Bee cylinder record and box that is in very good condition. The announced record is No. 217 - "It Makes Me Think Of Home Sweet Home" by Byran G. Harlan. The record alone is worth over $100. If desired, I have more records available to the buyer of this Queen Bee.

Not many of these machines have come up for sale. There was a fully-restored, refinished Queen Bee on eBay that sold for $1228 about a month ago.

Asking $1200. Add for shipping in two boxes via Fed Ex Ground from Zip Code 94954

Personal check or Paypal Friends and Family preferred.

Best...Mark
Attachments
Queen Bee - 01a.jpg
Queen Bee - 05.jpg
Queen Bee - 07.jpg
Queen Bee - 09.jpg
Queen Bee - 11.jpg
Queen Bee - 17.jpg

Phonomark
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE - Busy Bee QUEEN BEE Phonograph - $1200

Post by Phonomark »

New lower price....$1200 plus shipping.

Yes, that's the original finish! I have additional detailed pictures....just ask.

-Mark