WANTED - Rare Records and Disc Transfer Opportunities

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Polyphone
Victor II
Personal Text: There is a fine line between clever and stupid

WANTED - Rare Records and Disc Transfer Opportunities

Post by Polyphone »

Ken Flaherty’s Rare Record Want List

If you have any rare records for sale or consignment, I would love to hear from you.

78 rpm Records Disc Records (Mostly, pre-WWII electric recordings by African American artists and integrated groups….yet there are certainly exceptions). Label examples: Columbia, Okeh, Victor, Vocalion, Gennett, QRS, Brunswick, Paramount, Herwin, ARC, Bluebird, etc.)

Uncommon country and string bands
Jug bands
Gospel
Blues & Jazz
Cajun
Historical and spoken word
Hot dance bands
Recordings with kazoo and/or washboard
Early Berliners (mostly 1896 and earlier)
Very early Eldridge Johnson or Victor
Victor Deluxe or Columbia 14” discs from ~1902-03
Pre 1904 operatic
Foreign (Mainly eastern Europe, Russian, South African, Cuban)
Early advertising records

Cylinders

Early brown wax, mostly pre-1900
Edison North American (these have a channeled end rim)
Operatic
AICC recordings
Bettini
Peter Bacigalupi
Polyphone
Bell & Tainter
Independent recordings (examples include Kansas City Talking Machine Company, Michigan Electric, Ohio Phonograph Company, US Phonograph Company, etc.)
Pink Lamberts

17166 Beechwood Ave.
Beverly Hills, MI 48025
248-312-8118
flaherka@gmail.com

Services Offered

RECORD TRANSFER SERVICES

DISC: I have set up a new disc record transfer sound studio with complete vacuum tube RIAA bypass capabilities and can get the pitch correct with variable RPM speed controls. This set-up includes sapphire and diamond stylus capabilities in both conical and elliptical geometries, Stanton 680 and GE RPX variable reluctance cartridges, 2 Technics SP-15 turntables and a H.H. Scott 710 turntable (which still today, is a remarkable example of engineering). The result is very high audio quality.

CYLINDERS: In mid-June 2019, I will have the capability to make very high quality transfers of cylinder recordings.

CONSIGNMENT OF RARE RECORDINGS

I discreetly broker extremely rare and desirable pre 1940 records; my goal is to get special records to the right collector for private preservation and to get the right market value for artifacts that are sometimes very difficult to quantify. If you have any records you feel may be of value, please give me a call. References upon request.

Ken Flaherty
17166 Beechwood Ave.
Beverly Hills, MI 48025
248-312-8118
flaherka@gmail.com