Victor II

FOR SALE - Lyre Puck phonograph -$300 SOLD

Post by Kent in KC »

IMG_7251.MOV
(18.94 MiB) Downloaded 382 times
[/attachment]
IMG_7247.JPG
IMG_7245.JPG
Someone with more patience my me needs to have this little phonograph. After living in pieces on a shelf in my basement for many years I decided to assemble this unit. Amazing when you're trapped in your house because of ice and snow you look for "projects" to keep yourself entertained. I discovered that it seemed to be all there except the horn support: thanks to Croakinfrog on Ebay I scored the last piece. All original except the horn and possibly the reproducer. The motor is quiet and strong and the speed control works as designed. After reviewing some YouTubes on the internet, I have tried to to install the string to drive the mandrel and have given up. It's not very complicated but I can't seem to get the tension and alignment correct. I've attached a 10 second video of the motor running and the mandrel turning (by hand!). Bottom line, I'm more into larger outside horn machines so I'm offering it here. Can't imagine that shipping would be more than $20 anywhere in the lower 48. Give me a call or shoot me an email with any questions.

Kent - 913-515-0131 or kent@schoneman.net
Last edited by Kent in KC on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phononut
Victor I
Personal Text: Music's Re-Creation is Mr. Edison's most sublime gift to mankind.

Re: FOR SALE - Lyre Puck phonograph -$300

Post by phononut »

Email Sent!

Kent in KC
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE - Lyre Puck phonograph -$300

Post by Kent in KC »

Sold - Thanks Brad.