The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: FOR SALE: Pre-Sale Reproduction Diamond Discs - $40
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:05 pm 
Offline
Victor III
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 619
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The following discs are some of those in queue. Two commitments will get the disc made, only two will be accepted at this time, others wanting a copy will be able to purchase them after the Wayne show April 14th. The first two willing to prepay will receive their disc in about a month. Shipping on any size order is $5 via USPS media mail.

52464 Round Evening Billy Murray & Walter Scanlan
52273 Lila Piccadilly Players
51745 Chick Chick Chick Chicken (Lay a Little Egg For Me) Earl Oliver's Jazz Babies
51572 You Ought To Know Sissle & Blake
51360 In Nineteen-Ninety-Nine Al Bernard
52650 Blue Yodel No. 4 Frankie Marvin
52517 Me and the Man in the Moon Vaughn De Leath
52196 I Haven't Got a Thing to Wear The Radio Chef and his Boy Friend Sam
52424 Where Were You-Where Was I? Rolfe
51598 Red Hot Henry Brown Georgia Melodians
52649 I'm The Medicine Man for the Blues Campus Cut-Ups
52649 Campus Crush Campus Cut-Ups
52417 Five Pennies Phil Napoleon
51551 Flappper Wife Golden Gate Orc
The Berliner Archive Project:
Lend me your Berliners to be molded and get your originals back plus free copies!
See the current status here = http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32545


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pre-Sale Reproduction Diamond Discs - $40
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:52 pm 
Offline
Victor II
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:23 pm
Posts: 246
Location: Navarre, Ohio
donniej wrote:
The following discs are some of those in queue. Two commitments will get the disc made, only two will be accepted at this time, others wanting a copy will be able to purchase them after the Wayne show April 14th. The first two willing to prepay will receive their disc in about a month. Shipping on any size order is $5 via USPS media mail.

52464 Round Evening Billy Murray & Walter Scanlan
52273 Lila Piccadilly Players
51745 Chick Chick Chick Chicken (Lay a Little Egg For Me) Earl Oliver's Jazz Babies
51572 You Ought To Know Sissle & Blake
51360 In Nineteen-Ninety-Nine Al Bernard
52650 Blue Yodel No. 4 Frankie Marvin
52517 Me and the Man in the Moon Vaughn De Leath
52196 I Haven't Got a Thing to Wear The Radio Chef and his Boy Friend Sam
52424 Where Were You-Where Was I? Rolfe
51598 Red Hot Henry Brown Georgia Melodians
52649 I'm The Medicine Man for the Blues Campus Cut-Ups
52649 Campus Crush Campus Cut-Ups
52417 Five Pennies Phil Napoleon
51551 Flappper Wife Golden Gate Orc


I will commit to copies of both sides of 52649. Any chance you would mold this as a double sided disc since both sides are so jazzy? If not single side is fine. Can only play one side at a time amyway. Let me know if I should pay you or if you still need a second commitment on them first. Email OK Thanks! Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pre-Sale Reproduction Diamond Discs - $40
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:15 pm 
Offline
Victor III
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:43 pm
Posts: 718
Hi Don,
Put me down for Red Hot Henry Brown after the Wayne Show.
Thanks.
John


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOR SALE: Pre-Sale Reproduction Diamond Discs - $40
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 pm 
Offline
Victor III
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 619
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Mark,
The double sided molds are not twice as difficult, they're 10X more difficult than single sided, so only single sided molds will be made going forward. Of the four double-sided molds I have remaining, I don't think I'll ever break even on materials on them.
The Berliner Archive Project:
Lend me your Berliners to be molded and get your originals back plus free copies!
See the current status here = http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32545


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOR SALE: Pre-Sale Reproduction Diamond Discs - $40
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:46 pm 
Offline
Victor VI
User avatar
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 am
Posts: 3065
Location: Where there's "hamburger ALL OVER the highway"...
Put me down for "Red Hot Henry Brown" as well. Will prepay.

Bill


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOR SALE: Pre-Sale Reproduction Diamond Discs - $40
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline
Victor II
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:23 pm
Posts: 246
Location: Navarre, Ohio
donniej wrote:
Mark,
The double sided molds are not twice as difficult, they're 10X more difficult than single sided, so only single sided molds will be made going forward. Of the four double-sided molds I have remaining, I don't think I'll ever break even on materials on them.


Sorry--my ignorance is showing. Out of all the steps and processes you go through--making 2 sided molds was something we never talked about. I'll hit myself in the snout with a newspaper--HA! Out of your remaining double sided molds--which is the latest Edison sample record you have-12? 13? Gave my original 9 away; but would like to get a later copy just for filler. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOR SALE: Pre-Sale Reproduction Diamond Discs - $40
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:55 pm 
Offline
Victor IV
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 1082
Location: Mid - Michigan
I'll take a copy of 5 Pennies By Phil Napoleon.

Jim


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOR SALE: Pre-Sale Reproduction Diamond Discs - $40
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:31 am 
Offline
Victor III
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 619
Location: Philadelphia, PA
marco wrote:
Out of your remaining double sided molds--which is the latest Edison sample record you have-12? 13? Gave my original 9 away; but would like to get a later copy just for filler. Thanks!


10, 12 and 13 are available. All play with a standard reproducer, though with some lateral sway. 13 used an improved mold design and has less sway than 10 or 12.
The Berliner Archive Project:
Lend me your Berliners to be molded and get your originals back plus free copies!
See the current status here = http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32545


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOR SALE: Pre-Sale Reproduction Diamond Discs - $40
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:33 pm 
Offline
Victor II
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:23 pm
Posts: 246
Location: Navarre, Ohio
donniej wrote:
marco wrote:
Out of your remaining double sided molds--which is the latest Edison sample record you have-12? 13? Gave my original 9 away; but would like to get a later copy just for filler. Thanks!


10, 12 and 13 are available. All play with a standard reproducer, though with some lateral sway. 13 used an improved mold design and has less sway than 10 or 12.


Thanks again. Don.

Please make me a copy of Sample Disc number 13 in black.

Please also check the Edison Diamond Disc Facebook page. You now have two (2) commitments for both sides of 52649. I would also like my copies of those in black. Feel free to e-mail me a grand total and I will pre-pay everything. Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOR SALE: Pre-Sale Reproduction Diamond Discs - $40
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:03 pm 
Offline
Victor II
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:23 pm
Posts: 246
Location: Navarre, Ohio
donniej wrote:
marco wrote:
Out of your remaining double sided molds--which is the latest Edison sample record you have-12? 13? Gave my original 9 away; but would like to get a later copy just for filler. Thanks!


10, 12 and 13 are available. All play with a standard reproducer, though with some lateral sway. 13 used an improved mold design and has less sway than 10 or 12.


Hello Don! I never got a response telling me to send payment for Sample 13 in black and for 52649-L and 52649-R pre-production costs for them also in black plus shipping. Just sent you PayPal gift payment and won't bother you for more copies until I receive these three. Thank you for your efforts and kind attention. Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Crank_it_up and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.