SOLD: Victrola VV-XVII, Mahogany, Wayne NJ Pre-Show $350

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Django
Victor IV

SOLD: Victrola VV-XVII, Mahogany, Wayne NJ Pre-Show $350

Post by Django »

I need to make room for the L-door that I am picking up on Saturday afternoon, (April 13th), so I am offering this Victrola VV-XVII. If I bring it to the show I will not have room to carry both machines home, so I would need to be certain that the new owner can take it from me on Saturday morning.

First the bad: Both lower right legs had been broken and re-attached at some time. I took close-up flash pictures so that there will be no surprises. They are solid and sturdy, but could use some blending. Also the cabinet seems to have been lightly varnished or shellacked at some time and it could use a little smoothing out, but it still presents well. The motor also needs a good cleaning, but it does run strong.

You can see that in the second and fourth images that the legs are not very noticeable, but I took the flash close-up pictures so that you would not be disappointed.

The good: Only asking $350.00, nice rebuilt gold reproducer, nice tone arm and bracket, complete and running motor, nice platter, and it's a VV-XVII for $350.00. It is not a museum piece, (but not $1500.00), but it has a lot of potential and it is worth more in parts than I am asking for the whole machine. I hate to let it go, but I am out of room, so if you want a VV-XVII that could use some TLC at a bargain basement price, here you go.
Attachments
6.jpg
3.jpg
7.jpg
IMG_2830.JPG
f.jpg
4.jpg
r.jpg
IMG_2824.JPG
Last edited by Django on Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Django
Victor IV

Re: 4 SALE: Victrola VV-XVII, Mahogany, Wayne NJ Pre-Show $

Post by Django »

Or best offer.